• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new MN snowmobile iphone app

adamolson7

Hey All

I was searching the app store for snowmobile at work today and found a new app. It is the MN snowmobile trails map and it has directions to gas stations, bars and food. It looks pretty cool in my tank bag driving. :-D

I am curious, does it actually show the trails, all of them? I looked on their HSOforum and I didn't see any screenshots of an actual map of a trail. Only the compass pointing. Could you grab a couple shots from your iphone and post them? Sounds cool if it actually shows trails. If not, then not worth it to me.

I saw the app last Friday on the Sniper free for a day list and needed Wifi to download it. I forgot about it. For $5.00, I will pass until some reviews come in. $5.00 is not much, but I have been burned by too many $5.00 app's now to know $5.00 is a starting "catch" people price and it will go down to $0.99 in a couple weeks.

The down side I can say all ready using it in a tank bag would be you need to have the phone hooked up to a 12v source or it will go dead before the ride is over. Plus the screen timing out while riding could be a pain if not set right, but then you burn down the battery.

Let us know what you think of it and yes maybe post some screen shots. I am very leery if the website does not post decent screen shots. Too many fly-by-night app's cheaters out their scamming for some quick money on an app that does deliver what was promised wink

Hey all, I couldn't figure out this UBBcode sorry but you can follow this [Note From Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you]

trails.png

they have some shots on there for ya and yes that is what it looks like.

I do like it so far in fact you can use it while not on the network. Some of the business names are funky which is noticable from the link on the foods tab. It is more than just the compass it shows the actual maps and that is the screen that is used the most, for $5 bucks it beats paper and I can use it on the go. I don't regret my purchase at all

So it does show the maps. I might just pop the $5 then, to support them to keep doing it and make it better. Thanks Adam. That new shot helps. Maybe this thread prompted them to post it?... wink

FYI - I did pick it up. What the heck, I don't mind supporting some folks who are trying to make a cool app, and maybe a few bucks at the same time. But I would guess the number of buyers is not as high as most apps, so they have to keep the cost a bit higher than it might normally be worth if there were more customers. I hope they continue to improve it, I will keep supporting it.

One thing I would like is the ability for the gps to integrate with the maps to show your location along the trail. Also would like more zoom ability and maybe more accurate trail locations. But that will come as they hopefully work with some of the Sled Clubs in the future.

I am pretty sure this is typical "first version" that will get better as they get feedback and more access to tech and maps, etc. I am also in this type of dev business, so I can see how it will improve and also the potential for it.

I saw the app last Friday on the Sniper free for a day list and needed Wifi to download it. I forgot about it. For $5.00, I will pass until some reviews come in. $5.00 is not much, but I have been burned by too many $5.00 app's now to know $5.00 is a starting "catch" people price and it will go down to $0.99 in a couple weeks.

To bad your Iphone isn't jailbroken... I got it for free tonight!!! smile

Search for it in the App Store under iSled. Their HSOforum says it's only available for iPhone/iPad right now. Not compatible on the Android yet. I hope they can figure out how to add GPS moving map functionality. The maps themselves are nice to have on the phone, but it would be much better to see where you're at on the map.

Big snow this weekend. WhoooHoooo!

FYI, I emailed the company that made the app and they have re-programmed the app to include GPS location on the map. It is awaiting approval from Apple and they expect to see it available as soon as next week. I plan on buying it so I'll post a review once the GPS function is implemented.