• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris widetrak lx

catchphoto_filet

I have a 2003 polaris 500 widetrack and I was wondering does a polaris have to have the synthetic oil put in it? if not what is a good oil that is reasonably priced? also what is a good gearcase oil for a decent price?

Also the passenger portion does not have any handle bars for whatever reason. I am capable of welding onto to sled but would like to know of a good heated hand grip to place over some metal to weld to the sled

thanks for you help

First off congrats on the WideTrack those things rock for Ice Fishing. You certainly don't need to use synthetic oil with that machine. I'm not a big fan of going cheap on the oil and usually buy the manufactures oil others may have a different opinion but that's how I do it.

Edit it's an 2003 I didn't realize they still made them so yes maybe they do suggest or require synthetic oil!

First off congrats on the WideTrack those things rock for Ice Fishing. You certainly don't need to use synthetic oil with that machine. I'm not a big fan of going cheap on the oil and usually buy the manufactures oil others may have a different opinion but that's how I do it.

Edit it's an 2003 I didn't realize they still made them so yes maybe they do suggest or require synthetic oil!

My buddy has a 1997 and it is the porty pulling machine with hi/low & rev. I also thought that they quit making them? I think that the only lube you can get for your gear case from Polaris now is synthetic, but you may not have to run it in the motor.

Good machine you got there! Yes they still make the 500 LX widetrak to this day. Great engine in those. You do not need to run synthetic oil in your machine but I would stick to the polaris oil for it. You can get a synthetic oil for the gearcase though. Polaris also offers a Fourstroke and a 600 in the widetrak, new chassis and these are great! I am running the four stroke and love it.

I am happy with it. it sure is a brute pulls 2 otterII sleds and a sled with gear in it no problem! only problem it does not have any handle grips for the rider in back. hopeing to come up with some type of modification for it.....?

Have you looked at D/kirks, or S/tree to see if they had any after market handles you could order?