• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Terracross x/d or mud lite xtr on a king quad?

coombia21

Depending on where you do most of your riding should dictate which tire you buy.

Both tires are of radial design. This will give you a flatter contact area with terra-firma than a bias ply tire which typically has more of a rounded profile.

If you're on anything from soft loamy terrain to hardpack to snow, I think the terracross will be the better tire. The Mudlite XTRs are geared more towards mud and will work well in the loamy terrain also.

The XTR is a more aggressive tread design that will more than likely churn up the soil more and will dig down in sand and snow faster than the more mild tread pattern on the terrcross.

Both tires should provide a decent ride with the terracross being a little quieter than the XTR.

It's pretty easy to tell which I'd side with, but that is only representative of my style of riding.

The XTR are a great tire that will give you better traction in some extreme conditions. I just feel the Terracross will be "more conservative" in traveling many of the same areas.