• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Battery draining during plowing

GotOne

Bob, I did a search and copied this; DSR Schumacher PS-1562A Fully Automatic Battery Tender - 1.5 amp trickle battery charger automatically maintains both 6V and 12V batteries keeping them at full charge using float-mode monitoring.

Great for maintaining small and large batteries kept in storage – motorcycles, classic cars, RVs, boats. LEDs indicate: Charging, Charged and Trouble.

Quick-Disconnect Harness – Snap either connector into place in seconds

Use the 50-amp clamps or permanently attach the ring connectors — great for hard-to-reach motorcycle batteries

It would seem from the description that it could be a good thing, especially for long-term battery storage. One of the things that I've learned in my reading about starting batteries, like the one in you ATV, is that it is usually preferred to get them recharged quickly rather than slowly. The jury seems to be out more on deep cycle batteries as one place says do it quickly and the next says do it slowly. The thing about slow recharge is that the battery is left in a partially charged state longer and this is when it is more vulnerable to sulfation. Batteries all lose charge over time so a battery miser might be a good solution for this too.