• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin vs Michigan - Outside at Camp Randall

so haaad

Did anyone catch the Wisconsin vs Michigan game this Saturday? It was held outside at Camp Randall, in front of 55,000+ fans! I saw part of the replay on the Big Ten Network today and it looked awesome! I think it would be neat to see the Gophers do something similar at TCF Stadium for MN Hockey Day.

That would be cool to have a game outdoors. They would have to play a instate rival if its Mn hockey day like Duluth or SCSU. Maybe they could have a weekend tourament playing at TCF stadium. They could play for a cup to see whos the best college team in the state.

I guess they don't have to play just instate rivals because every college accross the country has players from Minnesota. I was just saying that since Mn hockey day is celebrating hockey in the state and I thought that it would make since for there to be two Minnesota teams.IMO.

I think its a cool idea and other schools have been doing this. I think Boston U and BC played each other this year at Fenway. Minnesota should make a tradition of having outdoor hockey in there football stadium or maybe even the new twins stadium. I guess it doesn't matter who they play but having it on Mn hockey day is perfect.

I was gonna say if they HAD to then we better get another pro team so the Wild could play an instate team every year smile I think you're onto something with a mini outdoor tourney between the instate teams though. Of course that would probably change it to Hockey Weekend Minnesota.

yeah we had seats sixty rows up, close to the top and we had no problem seeing everything. We were around the twenty yard line( goal line) and it really wasnt bad. Not quite as good viewing wise as it is watching a game at the X, but pretty cool atmosphere with 55,000 people. And yeah im not a badger fan or a Michigan fan, but those guys can party, i couldn't tell ya how many people we saw just wearing the red striped suspenders and no shirt, or had their stomachs painted, Crazy!!