• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trade Deadline Thoughts

walleyes12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we'll see a trade involving Shep. That would be good for both parties. I really think he is in the same boat Pouliot was in. He needs a change of scenery.

Not having Johnsson's salary on us would be nice. Couple that 4 mil with the mil we pay Shep and we've got a lot more spcae to work with.

Anyone know how long we'll be paying Mark Parrish's 900K salary after we dropped him? I thought it was a pretty substantial amount of time.

Those bone headed moves by DR are still haunting this club. I think it will be another 3 years before we are completely rid of all the effects of DR, from bad signings, to lost prospects, to letting players leave for nothing.

Good old Parrish is on the books until 2014, which is just crazy that he could have gotten the long and big of a contract. I dont know why they dont get him back here and make him the puck boy or something. Seriously dress him up in the mascot uniform or something.

Koivu will like cost a pretty penny which will be discussed next year. he is at $3.2 through next season.

Wow, Koivu will be a big signing. That one needs to get done. I expect that to be a 5-6mil signing.

Now imagine if Montreal was unable to sign Plekanic and we picked him up. That would be a sweet deal. He would be an awesome 2nd line center for us. I don't know if the numbers would be able to work out for that one, though.

Well, if they trade Shep, they can always brings back Parrish since they'll need someone to run the popcorn machine upstairs during the games grin

Wild don't have the cap space to take him...and doesn't he have quite a grudge against one of our guys. I can't remember who, but I thought one of our guys would get into a fight with him every game. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Matt Cullen, of the Canes, went to the Senators for Alexander Picard. That's too bad, Cullen would have been a good center pick up, and at 33, could be helpful to our young guys.

The Wild do have about $3mil of open cap space with another $1.6 if we can get sykora off the books.

Not sure if Cheecho is a good fit or not though. Iknow the wild dont really rent players, so we will see.

Cullen would have been nice. The sens were really after him though.

Actual Payroll 53,123,628

Salary Cap Payroll 53,772,793

Cap Space 3,027,207

Thanks for the cap numbers, I thought we were a little closer ~2mil left in space, but didn't know any real numbers.

Either way, it would be tough for Fletcher to justify spending that much money on a guy for a quarter of a season when probability is that we won't make the playoffs. 3-9 to start the season is looking like the real killer right now.

So, with those numbers in mind...what do we do if Bouchard comes back? How does that affect our cap numbers this year, or more importantly, next year when he will be back? Anyone know?

Wild are no position to rent high $ players, Like someone mentioned, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are in position to make a run for the playoffs, but yet far enough away where its going to be very tough. I dont see the Wild doing much or if anything at all.

We are in a tough situation, it could go either way, the problem is there are just way to many teams in our situation or a little better sit.

If Bouchard comes back, we would be over our cap unless we send some guys down. I am guessing that is part of the problem with signing anyone now. I dont know if PMB is ever coming back though. I have seen him around the rink and he doesnt look like he has been doing much of anything. Doesnt look like he has been working out. He looks even smaller then the 175lbs that he is suppose to be.

I will post the whole payroll on a new thread.

Walleye you beat me to it. it is true. See you later Johnsson.

I dont know how I feel about Leddy, really not sure how he will develope.

Barker is atleast cheaper at $3mil, but hasnt done much this year.

We save money i guess.

Wow interesting trade, after the initial shock of moving Leddy wore off maybe this is an ok move. Its kind of a gamble either way, Barker is having a bad year but if he turns things around he could be a big time player for us. Johnsson can pretty much walk at the end of the year so its nice to get something back for him. I did have high hopes for Leddy but he is still a prospect and might never see a regular shift in the NHL.

I caught part of tonights game and liked what I saw in Barker.

I'm a little mixed on Leddy. I wasn't super high on him as an NHL defense man, although he may be great for the Gophs. I'm not sure if he'll be big enough for the NHL game.

Still he was an awfully high pick for Fletcher's first draft and they sure got rid of him quick.

Leddy is a gamble for the NHL, Barker is already proven.

We will see how Leddy develops. He seems to be a ways behind Goligoski in comparable freshman seasons. Goli had 5 goals and 20 points in 33 games and was an impact player on the PP. Leddy has 1 goal and 5 points in 21 games. And honestly, i dont really notice him much.

A way better team back then though.

Look at the Gophers and what they've done with the talent they have this year. There's no emotion in the team. They go out and they play. They win, good, they lose, ok. They don't play like they want to be there, they play like they have to be there.

Fletcher saw this coming from a guy who they drafted in the first round and found a way to get another guy drafted in the first round who has shown he can be effective. They also save a ton in cap space. The more I look at it, the better it sounds.

Look at this.

2004 draft

1. Ovechkin

2. Malkin

3. CAM BARKER

That is pretty crazy. This guy has some talent and was a huge prospect. Lets hope this is the place for him.

I think it is a great trade with the money we just freed up too.

The more I finally got to think about the Barker trade, the more I really like it. Dumping Johnsson, was key, Leddy is young and Fletcher might of seen something that he doesnt like in Leddy. Why not get the proven guy in Barker! nice move!

Now that Wild made no ground up in the standings, I can see them moving some players, I am still hearing some rumors about Nolan, and maybe even Belanger. I am praying they can dump Sheppard for something, please someone just take him!!

I've heard reports that Belanger won't be resigned next year. If that is true, it would make sense for them to try to trade him for something in return.

I still think they should trade Nolan to SJ and then try to resign him if SJ doesn't try to at the end of the year. It's risky, but if it works, it's a free pick/prospect.

I really think the way the last 5 went, we'll be a seller come Olympic-break end.