• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Info

LaVoi

Hey everybody. I am looking for any advice possible here. Here is my situation, me and my brother and a couple buddies usually take a week long trip to Canada every year, but because of some things that couldn't be worked out we will not be going this year. However, my brother and I are going to take a 7-10 day statewide trip. We are from northwest Minnesota and we're looking to explore some of the wonderful fishing the rest of the state has to offer. We will definately hit Mille Lacs one day, but would appreciate any other lakes you guys would suggest. We will be fishing primarily for walleye and bass (large or smallmouth). Thanks a lot guys, LaVoi

If you have not fished it, you really must give Leech a try. I never tire of fishing Leech, even though I live on the Clearwater chain myself.

Also, there are a bunch of good bass lakes that rim the Mille Lacs basin. If you don't want to fish the big lake, there are a bunch of small ones to explore.

Bay Lake used to be good for Bass when we had a cabin there 80's to early 90's. Also if you want to have some fun try the Horseshoe chain near Richmond. Then you can also hit Rice and Koronis. I saw some nice smallies come out of Koronis last year.

No state wide trip would be complete if
you didn't try fishing Lake Vermilion.

Excellent walleye fishing, world class
muskie and smallmouth bass and monster
northern pike. smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
www.aceguideservice.com

Hey lavoi,
If your gonna be in the mille lacs area you must make a stop in crosby's serpent lake. This lake is ranked in the top 10 walleye lakes in Minnesota by the DNR. My dad grew up there so I get up there a couple times of year to visit family, what a great excuse to fish huh! Everytime I want to fish Mille Lacs or serpent or brainerd lakes I can say I'm goin to visit family! Serpent is full of structure before you go I would reccomend getting a detailed map and making a game plan. The lake is so full of walleye that the Minnesota Walleye Trail is having their championship there. Here is the excerpt from their site about the lake "Monsters in the depths? Very likely. Walleyes from ten different year classes were present in the last lake survey. Ten year old walleyes qualify as Monsters in our book! This exceptionally clear body of water is 1,057 acres in size and has holes down to 65 ft deep. It's ranked among the top ten in the state for walleyes by the DNR. September means cooling water temps and changing fishing patterns as walleyes begin to put on the feedbag of fall. Can you put 2 solid days together, back to back, and win the MWT Championship?" Here is their site if you want more info about their trail: polebender.com
ok, well wherever you go good luck!
And I'm sure wherever you go you will catch fish after all with 10,000 lakes how can you go wrong!
-Mr. Fisherman

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 02-23-2002).]