• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Boat Show.

flyboy10

Don't forget to stop by Cabelas on your way in and get a price there. Not all of the dealers are going to be there so you might want to drive around or at least make a few phone calls. I know of two Alumacraft dealers in my neck of the woods that while normally are there, will be absent this year.

Cabelas will have everyone's beat in price. I would call Hallberg Marine and Nelson Marine before you go. I think there is 3 - 4 alumacraft dealers there. You can expect to pay around 23,000 for this boat. Make sure you look at the other brands there like Smoker G3 and glass there are alot of good deals to be had.

the wife and i just picked up a new alumacraft trophy in december. i would definitely suggest calling the big c in rogers. after 2 months of talking to every al dealer i could find in mn and wi the big C ended up being close to $1500 hundered lower than anybody else on identically set up boats. maybe at the show the other dealers will be cheaper but definitely get a price from them in your back pocket before you go down to the show.

This is one thing to think about before buying a boat from Cabelas. I don't think they have a service center do they? If they don't have a service center, if you have an issue down the road and have to have some warrantee work done you will have to bring it to a dealer that does service boats. If that is the case, and you bring it in to have work done, and customers that purchased their boat at the dealer you brought it to come in after you to have work done they will be taken care of before they look at your boat. Dealers always take care of their boat buying customers first. That can be really frustrating not having your boat back for weeks waiting for it to be repaired. That was the downfall in my opinion of Crystal Pierz. They had dealers all over the state for years just selling boats in most locations cheap because their overhead was so low not having to have any mechanics to pay. In the end they would get one time customers that would never go back because they had to go somewhere else for service. Just something to think about.

I know the Roger's store has a service center. I also was looking at buying an Alumacraft last year. The big "C" store in Rogers had the best price for the boat and ad ons. You also can get whatever outboard you want. I shopped hard at the boat show, yet in the end stopped by the "C" store and got a better price just by asking what their best price was. No haggling or boat show specials. In the end I did not get one. Currently saving for a Malibu ski boat for the family instead. Might hold on to the fishing boat also, but all my friends have fishing boats. So I don't really need one.

Cabelas is the same as Walmart.. One day there will be little to no boat dealers around because everyone cares about bottom dollar. Cabelas does not make any money on their boats and I dont even know why they sell them.

Cabelas wound up beating LaCannes by a few hundred last night plus I got a free stainless prop and a 200 dollar gift card to the big C. They also had a good boat show package with a Minnkota 70 PD with the universal sonar, a HDS 5, all the ram mounts, and a onboard charger. I got white with the Suzuki 140. Pickin it up in April. Big day for me yesterday. If I new how to attach a pic I would post it.

IMO, I wouldn't be to quick to purchase the 'cheaper boat price' from the Big Box store.

The staff at LaCannes is exceptional. Me for one, enjoys walking into the dealer, they all know you by name, greet you, and shoot the [PoorWordUsage] with you. I prefer to support the little guys on boat's and boating equipment. I spend enough at big C on lures and rods and clothing.

Just my 2 cents smirk

I have heard many good things about LaCannes and I was close to getting the boat through them however Cabelas is an hour and a half closer to my house and the 500 bucks worth of gift cards and prop udgrade sold me.

Yes I did get the Dominator Sport.

Dan's Southside was $2500 more.