• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wacom tablet

I use mine EVERY day. It works as advertised and greatly reduces the stress on my hand and wrist, as well as makes it easier for much of the type of Photoshop work that I do. If you are just resizing and moving sliders, you can get by without it. However, if you are using brushes a lot, GET IT!

I've been using one for a little over a month after talking about it for about 4 years! I am still trying to get used to it. If you do cutouts, brushes, etc. I can see the benefit. I do a lot of poster work so I am finding it to be helpful for building, working with layers and cutouts.

If you do video work the newer Wacom 4 has some great features. I have the small one (Wacom 4 4"x6") which I find is perfect for working on a 24" wide screen monitor and a 26" LCD TV (used as a second monitor). The larger sizes would require too much arm movement to get from one corner of the screen to another. For me right now if you do basic photo editing I think it slows you down. A few months from now I may have a different opinion but for now I force myself to use it. Everyday users such as Ken and I guess me in about a month all say the same thing, you can't get by without it. If you are not working in Photoshop everyday you may find it to be more of a hindrance than a help until you get some time using it under your belt.

Thanks guys. It certainly sounds like what I need. I spend on average about four hours a day working in Photoshop (right now I'm taking break from cleaning up some fly away hair in a portrait)and I just can't get the degree of control I need with the mouse. I hope the using a Wacom will reduce that time a little.