• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Lake by Harris

MJ1657

I was tip up fishing on East Rush this week. Tuesday you could barely get around with an ATV. By Wednesday afternoon you could almost drive a truck on it.

I would think with this cold it would be firming up?

we had simalar conditions on my lake by Zimmerman and today there was 15-20 trucks on the ice I drove all over and only broke thru to slush 3 times and not for very long I mean only a few feet at a time.

Made it out on Saturday. Saw two and took one home. Had a friend of mine's 9 year old with. She was so excited to spear a fish she was shaking. It was well worth fighting the cold to see how excited she was.

The slush on Cambridge area lakes is pretty much froze over now.

I was out on a heavy 4 wheeler yesterday and could go everwhere on the lake without breaking though. I am not sure how a truck would do though.

8 inches of crystal clear ice with 6 inches of "white ice" above that. I am not sure how much weight that would hold.

The fish must have been in town watching the Viking game this afternoon. laugh

This was my first trip to the lake so I might not have been in a good area.

BTW, Fish Lk Bait had some nice spearing decoy minnows.

Try right out from the access in front of the beach I sight fish for gills thier and also tip up for pike. On the south side before the point comes out there are 3 sand fingers or underwater points that lead out into deep water. on the north west side there is a nice weed line close to deep water. In the middle on the north shore the deep water comes in close to the shore and makes a nice break line on the weed edges. The weed edges in this lake run out to 15 fow, It is a deep bowl lake with no mid lake structure exept for deep holes running to 60' if I remember right.

Thank for the tips Archerysniper! I was out today and found one of the spots you were talking about and the pike were coming in.

It's really great when you can come on here and someone gives you tips on a good spot.

Thanks again.

archerysniper - is that a day or evening bite for the crappies? I have never had great luck there after dark - last night was one of those times. I'm going somewhere tomorrow afernoon. Just not sure where yet. I like to go spear for a while and then switch over to crappies at dark.