• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

01 mxz

LUTAFISH

I just bought a 01 MXZ 700 from a friend of mine.It hadn't ran since 06.I had the carbs cleaned and now It fires up and runs like a champ....with the choke on. turn the choke off and it dies.I put preimum gas,some sea foam and rode it about 25 miles as instructed by the guy who worked on it. nothing changed. Is this an easy fix or will I need to take it to the dealer? Im also wondering if I can drive it like this till I get It fixed or do I risk bigger problems? thanks for your replies

Put it in the garage and start looking. Sounds like you pinched a fuel line somewhere. Or see if there is a fuel filter on the machine. Running short on gas means a burn down could happen. It might run better with choke on but how do you know if it is getting full gas?

You don't want to ride it like that and it won't get better by itself.

IF the carbs were cleaned then you need to check all fuel lines for leaks and the impulse line to the fuel pump(s) If they check out then time to check the fuel pump pressure and maybe a rebuild there.

Make sure there are no vacuum leaks on the carb intake boots and that the carbs are both into the boots completely and clamped tight. Sounds to me more like something got missed in the carbs like a pilot jet or something. Did he actually take them apart and clean or just take off the access plug on the bowl and do the main jet? Either way, I wouldnt spend much time riding it until you figure it out. Nothing worse for a 2 stroke than running it too lean.

thanks to all for your replies.I called the dealer and he was sure of the problem and tried to tell me over the phone how to fix it.since I'm not very good with motor work I took it in and 45 min and 125 bucks later she was ready to go.turns out one jet was still dirty.called my buddy who worked on it for me and he confirmed he could not get one jet out to inspect,because it was stuck and he did not want to break it.I can't complain the guy only charged me ten bucks.looks like your online advice was right on FM members thanks again.

Had the same problem with my wheeler last year. Those idler jets get gummed-up real easy with todays gas. If anything that I own is going to sit for over a month, I run the carbs dry.... haven't had a problem since.