• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nitro boats - Giving them away!

Larson15

It sounds like they are going after the "20/20/20" market formula that Skeeter used in the '90s to build market share. Back then their target was the bass angler who lived in a $20K dwelling, drove a $20K pickup, and could justify a $20K bass boat. It worked very well at that time, and if you double the numbers it should just about adjust for inflation to today's dollar. Keep in mind that for every buyer who can tackle the payment on a new $60K rig, there are probably 10 who could swing the deal for a $40K boat. Also consider that the availability of credit, even for a qualified buyer is very tight these days and a lower total purchase price will enable more people to be able to finance and put a boat in the driveway.

If Nitro is targeting that market demographic, I say go for it because it will force the average market pricing down somewhat and increase the affordability for more buyers. The prices of new top line rigs have become simply ridiculous in light of where our economy is and let's face it, not many people can afford that much discretionary expense nowadays.

I agree. Any manufacturer that is bring price competition is a good thing for the consumer.

It would have been hard for alot of people to finance an expensive boat now anyways, whereas they have a much better shot at a lower price point.

It amazes me how expensive these boats have gotten.

I agree. Any manufacturer that is bringing price competition is a good thing for the consumer.

It would have been hard for alot of people to finance an expensive boat now anyways, whereas they have a much better shot at a lower price point.

It amazes me how expensive these boats have gotten.

Gregg you forgot mfg overhead. The more units you can pump through a building the more you amortize that cost out. Also look at LEAN manufacturing as ways to cut down on the costs.

Let's face it, none of us care HOW a boat is made so long as it's a quality product. If someone can cut costs through efficiency so much the better. Even if they're not made "one at a time." wink

you actually do get what you pay for

the real impact is resale value of a boat

when a company builds as many boats as its next4 competetors combined they are obviously doing something right[in todays economy it happens to be features and yes PRICING

watch what happens for boat numbers here now that Tracker who is Nitro opens its own stores by the Crystal pierz byout

hopefully they will sell bass Pros gear at each one also

Yamaha has shut down its Celebrity boat mfr and will dedicate more to fishing which should help Skeeter ,also a Yamaha copany

remember Tracker is a mercury only company now but what if they added motor lines??

I know of two mfr starts in Mn this upcoming year for glass fish boats and ouple more want to step in so could get interesting for pricing and quality owners of these companys want to provide[when the economys real bad -start a new venture as your money isnt doing much nd talented workers are available