• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

95 MXZ 440

mabr

I just got a new to me mxz 440. Is 5000 rpm the normal range for the clutch to ingage and hook up? I was thinking for ice fishing it might be better to have it engage sooner. Or am I wrong?

Also would pulling a 3 man flip over be ok with this sled?

Thanks guys its been a while for me on a sled.

i'm no wrench guy by no means

but i had a 96 formula close to the same

i pulled a fish house a couple times

and the clutch was never the same after that even with

new belt

i think its kickin in bout right might be a little high

but i'm sure you get lots of advice here

The clutch is set up for that sled. the little 440 needs to rev or you will be out of the powerband. If you have ever rode a sled with a sticky clutch you know what I mean by out of the powerband. 440's, 580's, 600's 800's they are all the same just different weights and springs. 5000 ingagement is about right. it also helps if you have a spring loaded tongue on the portable. The only problem is getting everything moving, sled you, port, gear. once it is moving you should not have a problem.

Well I posted on a few other threads and most seem to think its ok where it is. BUT I have watched the tach alot closer sense posting and its catching in the low 4k range. I'm still thinking of looking into some weaker springs for it though. A few have said it might help with pulling a fish house.

Shes running great right now that much I do know. BUT I seen the sled of my dreams while on Mille Lacs this week. Guy had this thing decked out for fishing. Not gonna mention brand, but he had storage for rods, auger, fish house. You name it he had thought it over. Maybe in the future, but for now the MXZ's gonna have to work. Plus like essox has said. This is way to fun to just fish with!

Thanks for the help.

Too low of engagement and you'll be burning spots on your belt. The engine needs enough torque to get it moving and if you try a soft start with not enough torque, the primary will be tight up against the belt and the belt won't be moving and you get that nice burnt Dayco smell.