• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Ed or Anyone,

I would assume that you live in ND somewhere and I am moving there any suggestions on where to start looking for a place to live? I will be working in Fargo but would prefer not to live in Fargo. Good small towns to check out? Places to Avoid?

Thanks
Chev

Try taking a look at Casselton it is a nice growing community that is only 20 miles from Fargo. It is a town that is growing quite a few nice housing developments there. There is also Kindred and Horace to the SW both are also pretty nice.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Try Christine ND, or another great Small town is Abercrombie. They are just South of Fargo/Moorhead on old #81.

Both have low tax's, and very friendly folks, about 1/2 hour or less from Fargo/Moorhead. Your out of the big boom of all the new developments, so the prices are fair yet.

Oh Ya...and the most impotent part....Lots of great fishing/hunting near both locations.

wink.gif

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

get_file.html?mid=172

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 06-19-2003).]

Your very Welcome Chevy.

Good hunting for that new place.

I live near Horace, but I sure would have grabbed a place where I mentioned if I had found one at the time.

We have developments popping up like dandelions here now, getting kinda crowded for me Eh.

Won't be TOO #%^ long before I start to look again?

Maybe to the North...Eh?

wink.gif

Hey Ed,

Found a place just west of Walcott. About 30 miles outside Fargo. Should be a neat place. Lots of deer/pheasants. Maybe sometime after I get settled in you could teach me the ways of the Red.

Take it easy

Chev

Cool, Walcott is a good choice, roam the Sheyenne River grasslands. Lots of fishing and hunting all over that region, or darn close by.

Drop me an email some time, maybe we can do a walk-about and show you a few spots.

Ed

Hey Ed,

Holy Smokes are the mosquitos thick up here! I drove home from work tonight at 9:45pm...(S. Fargo to past Walcott) and by the time I got home I couldn't see outta the windshield. We need a hard freeze to kill these buggers!

I need a windshield protector or something to take skeeters off it. grin.gif

Happy Fishing
Chev