• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any pictures of a wheeler/polaris ranger

crappie man  17

I love it. I really like the self-leveling shocks and the power steering. Have done a little bit of plowing with it but the snow hasn't been that deep yet. Waiting for this 14 to 20 inches to get here so I can put it to the test. Wondering how it will do in the deep snow without chains. Haven't got the V-bar chains put on yet so I can pull my fish house out onto the lake. Tried to fit them on a few days ago but it looked like they were to close to the spring around the self-leveling shocks. Ordered some 1 inch wheel spacers but haven't gotten them yet.

That is good to hear that you like your HD!!!! What plow do you have?? Bose or just straight blade?? The power steering is a must have no matter what!!! It so sweet!!!

I have the Glacier II plow system. Take me about 20 seconds to put it on or take it off. Hooking up the stop switch takes up about 15 of those 20 seconds.

[img:center]http://RangerandICfront.jpg

Retired on Osakis, that is a sharp UTV! I really like what Polaris did with the new design on these Rangers. I saw a fella the other day plowing a parking lot with a new Ranger equipped with tracks and a fully enclosed cab. That to me would be my dream ice fishing vehicle.

If possible, let's see some pics of the HD in action after this snow has passed.

Nice looking ride by the way!!

Didn't get any pics but it handled that heavy wet snow we got with no problem. Even without the chains. I had considered tracks but thought I would go the first winter with just the chains a see how it did. So far I don't see any real need for the tracks. I am impressed with the AWD it has.

Retired_on_Osakis

How does the AWD work? IS it full time lock?

I have a Rhino and the rear is locked 24/7 and then i can go to 3 wheel drive and then i can totally lock it in so all 4 tires will spin no matter what.

I am looking at up grading since yamaha hasnt stepped up the bar yet so..polaris it is i guess.

The Ranger has three options. Turf mode, which is one wheel drive, no rear differential lock. Works nice when you are driving on your lawn, doesn't tear it up. Rear differential lock so you have two wheel drive. It also has AWD which locks the front differential and applies drive to the front as soon as it detects any slippage in the rear. At least that is how the Heavy Duty is set up. I guess I can't say for the regular ranger. And yes all four tires will spin. Got it stuck for the first time today. I wanted to move the fish house so I went out looking for a new spot. Followed my plowed road out and decided to venture off. Tried to drive it through the snow that was piled up along side where I had plowed and got it hung up. It would have made it if I would have gassed it through but I went to slow. Dug it out and then plowed an opening for me to go through.