• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help finding a spot...

Laska

Bout comin down just let me know, its the off season for work.so I'm free whenever, next week ill be on the lake mon-fri and out to sakatah on the weekends, hopefully if I find a spot on winona I can just put my perm here but that's only if I find a good spot first...

I'm tryin the beach today, may work my way along away from the 40ft hole if needed how long do u normally stay in one spot all day or after 2 or 3 hours or so?

12 thru 16 r probably unsafe due to aerators on that side, plus some ducks r keeping that center hole open, but 15 maybe fine but its right next to a dock... Deep water straight from land... Well its off to the lake here soon, ill have my phone so if u guys post anything ill get it on the lake! Gotta love the internet!

Water clarity is 2.5ft went to spot 4 haven't seen nothin in the first hour, 10fow over weeds dropoff from 4ft to 10ft real quick made a video already ill take some pics if the wind and snow stops blowing smile

I think around 3pm I'm going to tip up fish n cheat n see where the pike are smile

Lol tried n failed held a 30min phone convo even, struck out today didn't see a single fish in spot 4, and 1-3 I want to try with tip ups first, the way the clarity was today I think I might as well try the west lake... That's where I saw the HOGG last year... Who knows maybe ill get lucky on the west end,m both lakes clarity is funny this year- one spot I can see 7fow and spot 4 I could only see 3fowmax its weird, most vegitation is dying off now from the looks of the underwater camera... I'm going to see if I can't get a new lake map of winona today ill try n scan it n show u guys where I've tried

Same general idea.

There is a nice drop off by the tree next to the 24' hole.

There is a nice hump between that 24' hole and the 15 foot hole.

I would also check out that inside corner there to see what it looks like.

Depending on water clarity set up somewhere between the 15 ft hole and the 28 ft hole.

Also a very steep drop off to the left of the 20ft hole.

You will have to see what is out there for vegetation and other structure but those are some of the spots I would check out first.

Try to get on the edge of a weedline somewhere with deep water nearby.

laska find the panfish and I would try shallow first ice the fish always seem to run a bit more on the shallow side because the o2 levels are still good and thats where the bait fish will be. another spot on the new map I would try would be just out from the trees by the hwy 14 marker in about 5-7 fow but thats just me good luck