• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New ice rod

I decided I needed a nice ice rod for jigging walleyes. So, here we are building a new one and a bit different than the norm.

I decided to go with a wood handle and a reel seat. I purchase a raw red cedar handle and just got done with finishing the final finish coat.

The reel seat is not epoxied yet so it is out a bit in the photo yet.

Its hard to see in the picture the grain in the red cedar but it does have a very nice look and pattern.

Next I will be putting on the rod blank and the guides and wrap.

Picture033-2.jpg

Other pics will follow as I progress.

Harvey, maybe you can help me. Sometimes on this site I can see peoples pictures/videos in their posts and other times I cannot. As an example, I can't see the picture you mentioned above.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

If you are viewing from work it could be they are blocking access to the photo hosting site.

One thing you could try is to delete all your temporary internet files, cookies and history.

Harvey, Cedar is a wonderful material to make handles from. Fairly light, durable and has some wonderful colors in the grain. It never looks as good in a pic as it does in person.