• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

portable spear house

Capt'nMorgan

I would have to agree Its got the 4 things I really like.

Its roomy

light weight

fast set up

did mention light weight grin ok three thingsI like

the floor idea is great and it travels well

Yeah, I agree too wink And I have a huge hole to spear outta... and it fits 2 even 3 really... and all my gear... Hmmm yeah I love my setup...

Originally Posted By: drakerebel

The plan they show looks like a nice starter house, what do you guys think?? I'd like to try spearing and this looks like a good winter project.

I have a Buddy heater that I use in my portable, would that work for this house?

those are great plans for a shack but remember that first ice you gotta drag that thing out there later in the season when you can drive out awsome solid set up in my eyes but for mobility and set up ease the quick flip to me is now the way to go it fits in a bag and if you make a lite weight floor like laska thats theway to go even later in the season on those hard to reach areas but the bag on the wheeler or sled and go spearing

Originally Posted By: elwood
for mobility and set up ease the quick flip to me is now the way to go it fits in a bag and if you make a lite weight floor like laska thats theway to go

+ 1

I was looking for the post and/or pictures that showed that quick flip with floor in it, can someone point me in the right direction?

$135 for the house, and about $40 for the floor...

2 hinges, 1 pc of 4x8 plywood, 6 2x2, box of 2in screws and or nails for plywood to frame, box o 4in screws (frame) 6x6pc of outdoor marine carpet...

Hope that helps, it took me approx 3 hours to do... Set up time is around 10min- mainly cutting the hole n cleaning it out...

I was surprised even on odd sitting ice the thing laid down really nice and my feet didnt get as cold and when it was time to pack up I simply folded it up and put it in my sled...

I would think that attaching it to the floor would be the way to go, in case it gets windy, your weight would hold it down.

You could put some grommets in the sides of the quick fish 3 then have them pinned to the sides of the floor (the 2X2's) with some removable pins or large washered thumb screws.

That way the pins would be removable so they wouldn't catch on stuff when you were transporting it.

Dont need too, forgot to mention I folded the corners of the shack underneath the floor, then take the quickfish anchor strings and anchor 2 of the lines in the direction the wind is coming from, using anything on the floor sides would catch on something im sure and ya dont want that, I made the floor to the exact dimensions of the shack, the floor corners actually hole the shack in place because the corners of the floor over lap the shack corners... hope this helps, dont get to technical with this because it will end up a disaster... trust me... I know this shack inside n out...

lol yeah, One word of advice tho, Watch where you swing your spear, I poked 2 3in holes in the bottom of my shack last year... It does get pretty dark in there especially with the floor in there smile hey merk you going to put more videos on yourtube this year maybe a pike version instead of a bass version? wink

hey merk you going to put more videos on yourtube this year maybe a pike version instead of a bass version? wink

I'm planing on it.

We will see if the pike are willing.

I was going to video last Saturday then I forgot my camera.

I didn't see any fish anyway so in the end it didn't matter.