• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Show vs Parade of Boats

Black_Bay

Looks like the boat show in January is going to be quite a bit smaller. I see some dealers are not even going and instead having a parade of boats at their own places. I'm assuming they will have special pricing like in the past but not having to pay for floor space at the Mpls CC, which I know is very spendy.

The manufactures may be pulling back on show subsidies figuring that sales will be made to only the most motivated buyers this year. Financing might be playing a role as money is still tight and impulse buyers may not be able to jump at a deal at a show.

I understand the financial end of it from the dealers perspective, but all they did is shift the financial burdon onto the buyer. Now I have to drive around town and spend days instead of hours to check out the inventory. I am not in the market this year but will be in two years. IMO if it's like this when it's time for me to lay out the large pile of cash, I will probably just buy on price alone, and that will mean out of state. If I'm going to have to drive around to see them, I might as well DRIVE.

you can do alot of research on here they have sites

but i do understand wanting to see it i bought mine a couple yrs ago and went to lots of shows actually didnt really look at

what i wanted i checked everything else out

but hopefully thing are some what better in two years

or there may not be any dealers left by then lol

I understand the financial end of it from the dealers perspective, but all they did is shift the financial burdon onto the buyer. Now I have to drive around town and spend days instead of hours to check out the inventory. I am not in the market this year but will be in two years. IMO if it's like this when it's time for me to lay out the large pile of cash, I will probably just buy on price alone, and that will mean out of state. If I'm going to have to drive around to see them, I might as well DRIVE.

I can do a fair amount of driving for the $20 I'd pay for parking and entry to the boat show. Like I said though, the same dealers not going to the boat show will be at the northwest sport show.

So you think the fishing boat dealers are going to skip the boat show and just have a spot at the sportsmans show? That would be nice to get a few more dealers there, but obviously it would be better to have all the boat dealers/manufacturers under one roof at the same time.

I would rather travel a little to each dealer and see a wider selection.

Traveling a little bit is one thing but say you want to compare a Ranger to a Triton to a Skeeter to a Warrior and you will travel more than a "little bit". The local dealers are not inclined to give you their best prices over the phone and if you want to play them against each other not only will you put on some miles you will not be able to do it in one day either. Now it looks like at the boat show there will only be one Ranger dealer, probably no Lund or Skeeter dealer and one Warrior and Triton dealer.

Like I said earlier, it makes sense from a dealers point of view to do it this way but from a buyers point of view, if a guy is going to spend a couple days and a couple tanks of gas running around getting prices and all, a guy can make a call to Cabelas in Nebraska, purchase a bare boat and have it custom rigged for less time and money involved than all of this running around. With the advent of internet sales and people more willing to go a little farther to save a buck, I think this is something the local dealers should pay attention to. Just my opinion. Buying local is nice, but there comes a point when it no longer makes sense.

when i bought my boat i attended alot of shows and of course the big nw show

I pretty much knew what I wanted

I finally got a serious price from skeeter

and then got Yar Craft to match that I got very good deal on my

boat I can sell it today for what I paid for it

As mnfishing says above me here It pays if you can buy local

it works good for warrenty work and that is what i did but it turned out the guy working on my boat wasnt much good so if you hafta drive a few miles for he better deal i would do it

I hafta believe in this economy you should be albe to get a whale of a a deal

also think NON -CURRENT might really pay off