• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoys?

esox49

I had one out a couple times the last few days and can say it brought them in well. Friday night I had a 6 point make a beeline for the decoy and was about to ram it when I bleated at it at only 8 yards and it stopped and then wouldn't leave. It hung around for 15 minutes and finally wandered off. This morning I had a small spike come in but agian it saw the decoy from a distance and made a beeline to it before finally wandering off. Not seeing a lot of chasing in my area yet but I did grunt a decent buck in yesterday after it got done chasing a couple does around but it had broken off the right side of his rack above his G1. Would've been a pretty good 10 point around 125" buck. Here's a pic of the small buck from Friday night at the decoy.

BuckandDecoy004.jpg

I have been using one for years now. They do work.

During rifle season, I will set mine out in a field about 100 yards from the edge of the woods. I then nail a white sock to its rear with doe in heat on it. The white sock will also blow around in the wind to make the decoy a bit more lifelike.

Its helps get the deer out of the edge of the woods a bit earlier and if the wind is right, it will bring the bucks in.

Its kind of funny to watch the does when they get close to it as they seem very wary. I think they know its not right but after a few minutes, then its ok.

I used on mon morn for the first time, had a mixed reaction. The first a button buck came and a he new something wasnt right, he got with in 10 yrd of it giving me a perfect shot. During this time I had a small 8 come into about 25-30 yrds. I think he would have came in but the small buck troted off and he the 8 pter chases him away.

Mon night I had a fun Night. I had probally 7 different does / fawns come in and check him out. All of them came within 7 yrs of me. Most of them sticking around for a while to. had one small spike come by but total avoided him. Neet to see how the deer reacted