• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do I Really Need To Rake?

SkunkedAgain

P.S. Our neighbor, mother nature, blows all BLEEPING leaves into our lawn despite my best efforts. But by spring she cuts me some slack.

I hear you there, brother.

I live across the street from a city park with 25+ maple trees. If there's a wind in the wrong direction, there is no question about raking. 12-18 inches deep or more in spots, usually 5 pickup loads of maple leaves, of which I own none.

The joys of homeownership, I guess.

DD

Wow, how my simple question really turned into a debate!

I guess that I'll pull out the mower one last time since most of the leaves are on the ground now. I don't think I'll rake. I'll probably have to invite my lawn-loving neighbor over for a beer...although it's mostly his maple tree dumping leaves in our yard, that and the one tree in our yard, which is really owned by the city.

Thanks all!

i just borrow the parents rider with bagger and go till full, empty in the pickup, repeat until done. do this 2-3 times a fall then call it good, a few leaves dont hurt, but when you have a 4" thick blanket covering the entire yard, by time spring rolls arouns you will have light green thin grass.

Like said it comes down to how you want your lawn to look next year and maybe a shot of courtesy towards the neighbors.

Though for me I fear I may be attacked by the mole colony that took over and end up in one of those caverns they created in my back yard.

I will mulch/rake as much as my schedule allows. I actually enjoy doing yardwork. I have a lot of trees and a variety so they drop at different times. I don't mind a few leafs on the yard. Most of my neighborhood tries to keep the yards leaf free. I have heard that too much leaves will lead to a lawn mold?