• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to the game

Fishnblood

good to hear ya got set up! now, i can only imagine you'll have a few questions as the shooting process begins, as most of us do. don't hesitate to ask, someone here is bound to have the answer to any question ya have, no matter how dumb you may think it is. good luck! or better yet, post some pics with a deer to show us how well everything is going grin

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
One can also find some great deals on used bows on the big online auction site. One needs to make sure they buy it right as it could need a new string and or a cam and that can run into a few dollars.

One does need to find out your draw length so you purchase a bow that will fit you.

I have seen some awesome deals on used bows as they lose their value pretty fast from new.

Trouble is you don't get to shoot it first. That and you don't know how well its been treated. Pictures don't always tell the whole tale. I've seen this bite a lot of people in the arse.

Yes that can happen but if you purchase one from a person with a 100% feedback rating, one can feel pretty safe.

I don't do business with people with ratings lower than 98 and they have to have done alot of business on e bay.

Then one can be somewhat sure. One can always go to paypal if its not what is promised.

As far as shooting one, many shops have bows that can be shot to see how one likes it and then purchase that bow. I have yet to get burned in 5 years of buying there. I'm just very careful who I purchase from. I did have a small issue once and paypal took care of that pretty fast for a refund.

alright you got your bow and am assuming some arrows, now is when it gets fun. Time to get a fletching jig (bitz), some vanes or feathers, a bow vise, a bow press and so on and so on. Just kidding but all the equipment gets really addicting! Good luck and remember to practice practice and practice some more!