• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Having trouble with forced fetch training, will a kennel do just that?

ZEEK1223

My Lab is 3 years old. He is well behaved,(no obedience issues) and a pretty good hunter. I am having trouble with him finishing retrieves. I have tried the forced fetch training, but im having trouble. My question is will a kennel work with him on just that, or do they like to get the dogs in and do a full training?

I used Dave at Wings and Whistle Gun Dog training in Watertown Mn to help force fetch train. I have a Brittany who now retrieves multiple birds to a heeled position holding hte bird until asked to drop. It took a few weeks my dog has decent retrieving instincts for a Brittany so a lab should get it pretty quick but I know without using an experienced trainer it would have been a struggle for me on my own.