• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Benelli Super Eagle 2 synthetic stock

Recently my uncle and I went duck unting and he wons a benelli super eagle 2 synthetic model. The problem he has is the stock is too short for him and in return does not fit right. Does anyone know where I might be able to tell him to locate a replaceable stock that would fit properly?

Thanks

I would not replace the stock, I would try and find a limbsaver but pad, or another type of butt pad to increase the length. I think for what you would pay for a longer stock would be the price of a new gun in some cases. If that doesn't work, trade it in for one that fits, if it is like new, he wil still get a pretty good price for it, especially if he still has all the original paperwork, equipment, box etc....

You are talking about $1200 retail shotgun here so a new stock would not come close to the cost of a new gun. So even if you had to get a new stock and pay a few bucks you still have one heck of a gun for cheap. I have one of the first Super Black Eagles from when they first came out and I love the gun. I have shot 1000's of loads from 8's to T's and honestly can not remember it ever jaming. I am sure it has I just can not remember it.

OK, fishorgold, where would one find a stock for a SBEII? I have not seen an aftermarket stock for one unless they are interchangeable with the SBEI. To order one from Benelli is going to cost you half as much as the gun is worth, which to me, defeats the purpose of winning a gun if you have to spend money on it, even the aftermarket stocks are $150, which I guess isn't bad, but you would have to make sure the replacement stock is long enough.

The gel recoil pad would be the cheapest and easiest way to fix the problem. If you order the stock from Benelli, I am sure they are going to charge you an arm and a leg, just like the do with their barrels.

I totally agree a recoil pad would be the cheapest why to fix the problem but maybe not the best option for everyone. I personally have never used a extended recoil pad that I liked. The gun already has one so you are talking about a pretty big pad to change the total fit of the gun.

I would have to do some research to see what is available for after market stocks. My gun came with wood and I switched to the syn. I bought it from Bennelli and the $150 sounds about right, but this was years ago.

My point again $150 or even $300 for a stock is a cheap price to pay for a $1200 + tax gun.

HaHa, that is what I was thinking. Factory replacement Benelli parts are stupidly expensive. Its why people don't buy barrels, they buy guns. Once the SBEIII comes out, bell and carlson will start making stocks and then you will be able to find one for $150. Your last post made me laugh, that is too, unfortunately, funny.

I agree. I was going to put a slug barrel on mine and looked at the price and said "no way" and set up my remington instead. I think I paid $850 for my 1 15-20 years ago and that was allot of money at the time.

Heck of a gun though. I used to do allot of goose hunting in the Texas panhandle peanut fields were the soil (if you can call it that) was just a super fine clay dust. ALL the other semi-autos (and some pumps) would get full of grit and not fire. Sometimes in 1/2 a day. My Benneli could go 2-3 days without having to clean it.