• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What was that monster???

FishGirl here...been a while. Haven't gotten out all that much, been busy with my horror writing. Two stories published, another to be published this month, another coming in Feb 2004.

Anyway, finally got out to Shady Oak yesterday. And I saw a monster! I was on the fishing dock, and I saw this thing not very far below the surface. It was maybe 2 1/2 feet long. Had two sets of pectoral fins. Had a wide flat head. Moved slow. I couldn't see clearly enough to see if it had whiskers (cat). Was it cat or perhaps bullhead? If it was bullhead, is that a good thing? (I think it's clear about now that I did not catch the thing!)

It lingered a little while, then left quietly. Weird!!!

FishGirl
home.earthlink.net/~barkingparrot

HI FishGirl, Hard to say it could have been anything. Big Carp or DogFish maybe. To bad you didn't catch it. You might have had a fight on your hands.
<><Mary><>

maryjl , i stopped by a few times this week but seemed to miss you each time. jerry said you could be hard to track down. we all ways stop for gas and ice cream, 5 times this week. i think i better get back to work soon before i am broke. let see when you are up again.

Hawkeye43, Oh thats to bad sorry I missed you. The next time you come by check at the Prowler right across from the bathrooms. One of the times you stop I might be the one pumping your gas I help them out from time to time when they have to run errands or something. We really had some good fishing during the week. Jerry never even told us anyone was asking for us. Hope next time we are around when you stop by. We are there every weekend so stop bye again sometime.
<><Mary><>

HI Del, Well lets hope it didn't do any damage up there. I'm at home now until Thursday, but it was a little scarry around here for awhile last night. We had spotters out but thank goodness we didn't get anything but a little wind and rain. I'm sure I would have heard by now if there was any damage done up there.
<><Mary><>

Hawkeye43, Hows the fishing been? Heard its been slow. I was out a week ago and found some nice Crappies. Heading up again tomorrow for the weekend. Stop bye if your around. Mary