• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

drive across ND on 94 at night?

thanks for intel, drive was non issue Fergus Bismark Baker made great time no tickets some light snow and lots of wind 10/9 ...5 hunters 8 speed goats in 2 days, lots of sharptails and yotes,,,hq setup in Baker, SE MT shot 200 yds 270Win 9x leaupold....ND is a nice drive, should catch Badlands in daylight, I swear I saw 4 elk bedded on slopes????

3001PICT0070-med.jpg

Fletch. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Just curious. My Fam and I rode the Amtrak thru Montana in August. Saw lots of goats and got to thinkin' it'd be fun to take my son out there and chase a few horns around.

What'd they ding ya' for a non-resident tag, and how do they eat? I've talked to several guys over the last few weeks who've said they're not very good table fair.

Also, how'd you go about finding places to hunt? Can a person simply drive out there and ask around?

Congrats on the success!

With respect to how they taste.. if you care for the meat after the kill (meaning if it's hot get them quartered and on ice) I thought they tasted just fine... I had most of mine processed into sausage and bbq sticks, but ate the steaks from the loins and had no issue with their taste.

Now, if you shoot it, it's warm out, and let it ride around in the back of your pickup for the rest of the weekend, that's a different story.

marine_man

$200 for license it is a choice tag

also bonus doe tags otc $50

also a conservation tage $10

great Block management program, private land is open as long as you sign up with rancher, you fill out form with lic#, names in party and date hunting, you keep a copy to prove you have permission and landowner keeps copy to file with state, much of lic fees go back to landowner they have mail boxes on their land containing signed forms, maps, and special intel like no driving, park here, any game they don't want hunted, kill all coyotes etc. there is mucho public land and BM land so access is a non issue,, pronghorns are on crop land, this along with care means good meat and they are much smaller than MN deer,,,, a great hunt for youth as you see lots of game, birds, yotes, muleys, if you dont see any antelopes you dont get out of truck,,,glad to offer any intel but highly recommend low stress hunt, normal weather in 60s