• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Yamaha 450 Grizzly

Fishing Junky

It's got a little get up and go, although I'd say the Suzuki Kingquad 450 has it beat in the power department. It will do anything you ask of it, other than win the races! It has a good ride and a great compact design as compared to any other in it's class.

Should be a good ride for you. We have one at work that we've put about 3,000 miles on with no problems this summer. I was interested to see how the belt held up because we usually run manuals and this one has been fine. Good power, top speed around 56 mph on average, and has a lot of nice features.

Well, Took the wheeler out on it's maiden voyage today. Put 24 miles on the Soo Line trail. Wanted to break 'er in, as I have a trip planned with my Brother and friends on the Moose Walk trial in Finland, Mn. in a couple weekends from now. I'm not a big persone, 5'6" and about 145 lbs. and I belive I made the right choce on this machine. It had enough get up and go for me. I had it up to 45mph at times, which I felt noided out with a deer jumping out on me. The machine felt pretty stable to me. Just didn't trust the brush on the side. The windshield was suprisingly nice, as it was kinda chilly when I went out. Kept the wind off, but in brush I would be in trouble with it for sure. Machine ran well, with good accelleration. I came back full of dust from the trail. I wouldn't suggest riding on this trail with a group, as the dust will get ya. But, overall I am confident I made the right choice. It was fun and can't wait for more ridin' in the future. Thanks to all for the input. I appreciate it. Junky.......................

One thing to keep in mind with the windshield, if you're on any technical trails and have to do any log-hopping or bumping the front end over an obstacle like an ice heave while standing on the pegs/floorboards, be careful or that windshield will hit you under the chin or in the throat.

It can also limit how far over the bars you can get while going up hill or in the instances I mentioned above. wink