• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guess What I'm Going Again

Maryjl

Yes tomorrow morning I'm headed back to our little camper by the Lake and I'm not planning on coming home again until Sept 30th. Don't have that much good fishing time left so I've got to take advantage of it well I can. I'm going to fish for Walleyes and Crappies mostly but I'll have to see what them frisky Bluegills are up to while I'm at it well then who knows I might run accross a school of White Bass or a batch of hugh Perch and if I'm really lucky I might have a big Northren take my bait. I guess what it comes down to I'll be fishing for what ever is biting at the time. grin.gif Hopefully I'll have some good fish stories to share with you when I get back.

HAPPY FISHING <><Mary><>

I for one just want to state that I do not think it is fair that Mary gets to go fishing while I have to go to work!!!!

However we did catch a nice batch of sunnies and bass on Sunday so had fresh fish for supper. Just hope we can make it for a couple more weekends before we have to put the boat away.

Have a great time Mary - believe me the rest of us will be thinking about you as we slave away! HA!

------------------
Phyl

you know what is real bad, is when you come home from work and see mary out there fishing the fish i should be after, and don"t have the time. he he i did have a good time this summer though. mary, you should have been a little more to the west from where you were on tuesday there is a sweet little rock pile there.

Well gise plans were changed and I came home Monday night. Haven't had time to come on here till now but thats really funny Hawkeye I don't know who you seen but it wasn't me. Now if you would stop over to the camp ground and interduce your self like you said you were going to do awhile back you'd know who we are when you see us out there. We have a 17ft Spectrum with a 70hrs Force moter on it. We were pretty lucky over the week end on Saturday before the rain came we caught 2 Crappie 2 Walleye and 10 hugh White Bass. We gave some away to friends and had a nice fish supper last night and 2 packages are in the freezer for this winter. We arn't done for the year yet though. We will be going back for a few more week ends before we take the boat out and the docks out and close up the camper for the winter. Now Hawkeye if it was a week from yesterday that you seen a lady out there fishing. That was a good friend of mine she has a Star Craft boat. She's packed up and gone for the year now, but if you see her out there next year stop and talk to her she knows more about fishing then any one I've ever met and more then willing to share where the fish are biting at.
<><Mary><>

Maryjil--

You mention the end of fishing. What is the practical end of the (non-ice) fishing season? Particularly for us shore-fishers. Is it a matter of the fisherperson's ability to stay warm, or is there a temp range at which they go so deep you might as well not bother freezing your butt shore-fishing?

Just trying to figure out how many weekends are left...

Thanks!

FishGirl, Hello its nice to see you here. There is no end to fishing go for it as long as you can stand the cold. What I meant was the end of our season at the lake which was today. We closed up our camper pulled in our dock and brought the boat home. This is always a sad time for me because I know I won't be back up there until next spring and the winters can be so long some times. I enjoy fishing from shore also but I'll admit it I'm a fair weather fisherwomen most of the time. I have never ice fished but I'm hoping to give it a try some time this winter. We have had a pretty good summer there is enough fish in the freezer to last the winter even thow this was a different year for fishing. You keep fishing as long as you can the fish are really hungry right now and are trying to fatten up for winter. Lots of luck and keep us posted on your fishing. <:><Mary><:>

That's the answer I was hoping for! Yeah, I figured you were talking about the pulling of the boat, but I was just wondering if there was a point at which the fish would go too deep to get at the from shore or something like that.

Thanks! Glad I don't have to give up until my comfort becomes the issue. Been busy and haven't made it back out for several weeks, and I see the calendar relentlessly clicking toward....Winter!!