• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HERE IS A GOOD ONE FOR YOU GIRLS

Spent a week up at the Lake fishing. Hubby could only stay till Tuesday so we fished together from Friday thru Tuesday. We didn't do real well picked up a fish here and there but nothing to brag about. Wednesday I went out by myself and guess what? I caught 20 fish. 13 big bluegills 5 Large Perch and 2 nice Crappies. This isn't the first time this has happened. So Lady's when you really want to catch some nice pan fish go out by your selfs and see what happens.

I would have to say your on to something MAry! MOst times when I'm on the water with my wife, she has to fish for what i'm after, using similar presentations etc. When your by your self, you can do your own thing art your own pace!!

My wife and I fish streams and rivers more than anything else. So this gives my wife the opportunity to use her own presentation covering water on her own accord!!!

Jim W

PS IF you ever see her post, her post name is "Honeyhole" . I'm not sure I was suppose to tell anyone, oh well!!!

Jim W,

You'll have to have your wife post and tell us about some of her fishing stories. The fishing you gise do is completly different then the kind of fishing we do. We are always out in the lake in a boat. Where you gise are out wading in the water and walking up and down rivers and streams. I bet you see a lot of neat things well your out there. We need to get out there and start fishing different ways. A person gets stuck doing the same thing over and over and tends to forget there is so much more out there. We have never ice fished so I'm hoping that we will get out there this winter and give it a try.

<><Mary><>

Mary!
I've been found out! Yes, I'm Jim W's wife. I don't get on here much working full time and usually very busy. Stories!! Oh, boy! I could talk about anything from that big walleye of Jim's that got away because his wife didn't net it properly to the huge large mouth that we didn't get a photo of to the many fish hook stories! What you said about being stuck in the same kind of fishing, yes, you need to expand-and definately get out ice fishing!! I've been very fortunate to accompany Jim on many a stream fishing trip- this you must do. Beautiful? Wow! The bluffs towering over, the fossils, the cedar waxwings, the mushrooms, the fish (of course) and just a ton of other awesome sights, smells and sounds!! Hey, anywhere's great when you're catching fish, but the stream is by far my favorite! I'll try to write more often and keep up with you all. Always remember the camera!! -honey hole

Oh OH, I guess I better watch myself from now on eh? Honey hole has some good dirt on me I bet!
I would have to say she is my best fishin' buddy of all!! She is the most patient and easy to please. Yes, that was one of the largest walleyes of my life and it was the biggest large mouth(not her fault on the bass!)of my life!!

SHe usually will out fish me or It happens that I catch my best fish when she's along!!

She allows me to get the "fishin' jones" out of my system more often than not, letting me go even when she would like to but can't.

SHe's the best, and I am sure other fishin' fools out there have itjust as good. If you don't, better start lookin'!!!

Can't wait until Kabby Honey Hole!! This one is for you!!!!

Jim W

honey hole,

Thanks so much for posting. My husband and I have spent a lot of time fishing together in our 26 years of marriage. I remember the big Pike he didn't net right for me and I lost. I still tease him about that actully the net was to small so he says, but I say he did it on purpose because he didn't want me to have caught a bigger fish then him. I hope you are able to find the time to come back and share some more fishing stories with us.
Again Thanks and Come Back SOON <><Mary><>

Our family is a little different than others. The husband has to be dragged out fishing in my boat which I purchased! But the problem is that when I can't drag him it is sometimes hard to find others to go fishing with. Too bad there is not a place where people that like to fish could say "hey - want to go fishing with me on Saturday - have boat and motor - just need license and bait!"

------------------
Phyl

Hello fishingphyl,

Its nice to hear from another Woman that likes to fish. I took a friend of mine out fishing with me on Thursday and Friday. Shes a good friend of mine. When I first started fishing with her she wouldn't bait her own hooks or take off her fish. Needless to say she does it all herself now and she loves to fish. Maybe you have a friend that would make a good fishing partner if you teach her how its done.

I also spend a lot of time out in our boat by myself, but I rather enjoy the peice and quiet that you get when your all alone. You can fish for what ever you want where ever and how ever you want to do it and don't have to worry about some one else. Don't get me wrong I love the time my husband and I spend together out fishing. I just have a lot more free time then he does. Which reminds me of a post I posted earlier I'll pop it up so you can read it.

We don't have a lot of women that respond here but who knows maybe you'll find one in your area that likes to fish. If your from around the City's there is a girl that posts on the Metro area that likes to fish.

Please reply again its so nice to hear from other women that like to fish. Are you from MN.? If so what part Norht South East or West?

<><Mary><>

Hi Mary! Thanks for the welcome! Actually I am in MN in the Big Cormorant, Pelican Lake or anything inbetween area. I would not mind fishing by myself at all but this boat we purchased is used and still are getting all the kinks out of it so it is nice to have a "mechanic" better known as husband along. I have figured out that if I have lots of nuts and jerky and other treats he goes along a lot better! You know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
My daughter and I went a lot last year and really had fun but her husband always wants to go and gets mad if anyone else catches fish. So decided that I would rather avoid that and put up with my husband. Latched onto a good one on Big Cormorant last weekend - he grabbed it and had the tip of my rod under the boat before I could even move then proceeded to break my line and take my favorite lure. We had not been catching anything at all - not even any bites so he really suprised me! So I am off to find another one of those lures! Take care and happy fishing!

------------------
Phyl

Phyl,

Well it sounds like your going to have to keep lots of treats that the hubby likes on hand so you can get him out there.

I've had that same thing happen to me more times then I'd like to admit. I try to remember to check my drag every time I make my first cast in to the water. I don't know why but you would think that once you set it it would stay at the right tension but they don't the next time you go back and use the same rod and reel the drag is tight again.

I spend most of my summer in Minnesota but actully I'm from Iowa. I live just 2 miles from the border. We have a camper at Waterville. Our little summer home on wheels.
I'm getting ready for a ten day stay this time. We are leaving Thur and won't be back home again until Sept 9th.

Are you finding your way around on this web site ok? There is lots of great info here. Don't be afraid to post on any of the other forums on here also the guys here are great to help answer any questions and share fishing info. We all just have the same thing in common we love to fish.

Good Luck and Come Back Often <><Mary><>

Actually I had a new reel in the box and had not taken the time to put it on since I hate the one that is on my rod. Hopefully this weekend I can get it ready to go. This is a great site and I have visited several places when I had the time - which I don't have much of. Lucky you - a place at the lake. We have 10 acres in the lake country with 10 horses which means we always have to go home and feed about the time the fish start biting. But the good thing is we can travel 15-30 minutes and find a different lake every weekend. The bad thing is I have to trailer every time I go. I would like to find a place to rent to just park a boat lift but so far the only spot I have found is too far away and a poor fishing lake. Well, have a great weekend - hope to get out and fish but husband says he is trail riding one day. And please don't tell him you are cooking - I hate to cook!!!

Phyl,
We live in the country also with only five acers which I get to mow every week. Well mowing yesterday I noticed our trees are just full of Monach Butterflies they must be gathering in preperation for their long trip to Mexico. We have our boat on a lift which is nice. All I have to do is take off the cover lower the lift and take off. The bad part is that we tend to fish the same Lake all the time, but its a good Lake to fish most of the time. This next week we will be taking it out and going to some of the other area Lakes after the Holiday week end when most of the people have gone home. Have a nice Labor Day weekend. I won't be back on here until I get home Sept 9th. <><Mary><>

Hello Mary: Hope you enjoyed your vacation. As for the butterflies I do not know what is going on but we have had so many monarchs this summer that they are plugging up the grills on the vehicles. We have to keep washing the front of our vehicles and the semi drivers are having a real problem. Also have a bunch of the yellow and white butterflies. Would be interesting to know why. I noticed that last summer we had caterpillars all over - more than I had ever seen.

Hope your fishing went better than ours. Only 2 strikes on Sunday and one 4" perch was the catch of the day. But nobody else on the lake seem to be doing any better than we were. Husband is trail riding today and since our other truck is sick I am stuck at home and it is absolutely beautiful! Oh well - he did go fishing with me yesterday.

Phyl, This is a site where you can post a message that says "Want to go fishing on Sat." You should be able to get at least a few takers. Also check into fishing the FishingMinnesota.com tourneys, they are a blast and are also a great learning experience. Also you will meet a few more people that are fish-a-holics. smile.gif

Paul
[email protected]

Thanks Paul - I may have to do that. I had mentioned that to Mary before that it would be nice to have a place on the site to find people in your area that would like to go fishing and don't have a boat or truck or partner - just need a license and bait!

The tourneys sound like fun - I will have to check into them more. But - we couldn't even get a bite on Saturday - some tourney fisher I would make! HA!