• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Public Invited to Comment on Proposed Trout Fishing Regulations

Renneberg

Public Invited to Comment on Proposed Trout Fishing Regulations

Proposed fishing regulation changes on certain trout streams in southeastern Minnesota will be the subject of discussion at a series of seven public open houses to be held by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) beginning this summer.

Jason Moeckel, DNR Southern Region Assistant Fisheries Manager at Rochester, said the meetings are intended to give the public an opportunity to learn more about trout management in southeastern Minnesota and "to give us feedback on the proposals as we move forward in our efforts to improve trout fishing opportunities."

DNR staff will be available at the meetings to answer questions and collect comments. Comment forms will also be available so that "we can get a better idea of how the proposed changes might affect individual anglers as well as trout anglers collectively."

All open houses will run from 3 - 8 p.m. The public is invited to attend at any time during those hours. Meeting locations and dates are:

Aug. 11 - Frontenac Sportsman's Club Community Center, 30301 Territorial Rd. Frontenac. Aug. 12 - American Legion Club, 215 3rd St. SW, Plainview. Aug. 18 - Heintz Center (Rochester Community Technical College), Rm. MH 223, Rochester. Aug. 19 - Lake Park Lodge, Winona. Aug. 25 - Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center, 1991 Brightsdale Rd., Rt. 2, Lanesboro. Aug. 26 - Four Seasons Community Center, 900 N. Kingston St., Caledonia. Sept. 2 - Wood Lake Nature Center, 6710 Lake Shore Dr., Richfield.

Those unable to attend one of the open houses are encouraged to provide written comments by sending them to Moeckel at DNR Fisheries, 2300 Silver Creek Rd., NE., Rochester, Mn. 55906.

"The more feedback we receive, the better we'll be able to create regulations that provide the opportunities the majority of trout anglers are looking for," Moeckel stated. "We're anxious to hear what anglers have to say about the proposed changes." -30-

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

I encourage everyone who walks a stream to check these out. I am hoping to make the one in Lanesboro! I'll be on Rainy lake for the Rochester one...go figure.

Thanks Renneberg for the reminder!

Send me an e-mail if your interested in fishing
Pepin one of these next couple of days!

Jim W

From what I've heard, the first meeting went very well. It's not in the old town hall format where people take turns voicing their opinions in front of everyone. It's all one-on-one with DNR officials, comment forms are available, and there's a lot of good informational hand-outs. The next meeting is tonight...