• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Range near NW Metro

JoeTC

I live in Maple Grove and I'm looking for a place to shoot. I know some shops have short ranges but I'm looking for something that has a 30+ yd range and maybe some 3d's. Is there anything like that remotely close to MG? I'd be willing to drive a little ways.

Thank you,

Joe

Not too far from you is Elm Creek Park Reserve that has a target range, 15 station 3-d type range, etc!

It cost $5.00 per person that you put in an envelope when you enter with your ID listed on the envelope.

Look that up on the web and you can see where it is!

3 Rivers Park System!

Fernbrook range closed up just over a year ago. From what I've heard neighbors were complaining about arrow in thier backyards. I doubt it as the nearest house is a good 400 yards or more away.

Elm Creek is where I hang out. It was pretty busy Tuesday night when I was there. Most people I've seen there ever. I mainly shoot the walk through range as it gives me better practive with my longbow than shooting from a known distance at the stationary range.

One peeve I've got is some archers think they can just shoot all day long at some of the stations in the walkthrough range and not allow others to shoot.

Made it out to elm creek tonight, it was a pretty nice range,i know what you were talking about one station i walked by a few times guys just stayed there and didnt move. I had a vane break on one of my arrows so i stuck it in the dirt so i wouldnt forget it, i walked to a different target for a second then went back to grab my arrow and head home and some guy took it and was going to shoot it. I couldnt believe it he had like 5 different kinds of arrows he was shooting. That really made me mad.

That's the one thing that annoys me about that range, towards the start of Archery season people pack in and then think they can just camp out at one of the walk trough stations and shoot all day long. If I'm not in a hurry (I never am when shooing) I usually stop and wait for them to finish thier last round and then see what they do, if they think they need to shoot another round I politely asks if I can shoot and go past them, but seldomly do I just walk past them to the next target. Kinda want to let them know without saying it that there are others out there that want to shoot as well.

Never had anyone tell me no, but I think a couple groups were annoyed by me waiting to shoot and interrupting them