• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soft Plastics for Trout?

JP Z

Okay Renne,

I missed out on Trout Day and now since it has come and gone I was wondering if you could enlighten me on your secret lure?

But otherwise,

As far as soft plastics that have produced for me in the past are.

Berkeley Gulp! Maggots on a Silver 1/64oz Shad Dart Head.

1/1/2" Tube jig....this was generally used on Lakes holding Trout.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

JP-
For whatever it's worth, I love fishing little jigs for trout-- maybe the best presentation there is for big selective fish that refuse everything else. Plastics? Guess one of my favorites would have to be a 1 to 2-inch tube in black, brown or white, rigged on a 1/16 to 1/64oz head. Those 1-inch Berkley Power Micro Grubs work well, too.

Really, though, as great as plastics can be, seems like trout may prefer marabou just a bit more. The largest two browns as well as my biggest 'bow all fell for a 1/80oz micro marabou jig. Solid black or brown head with several wraps of chenille and a nice sparse but wispy marabou tail-- trout eat these things with abandon.

-a friend,
Cory

JP,

Just wondering if you'd been over to that one lake we were talking about. Not the one named after the fruit, but the other one. wink.gif

-Toad

You mean the "happy" one? As soon as the season opens I'm there...........okay that Sunday hopefully as I will be at a wedding over opener mad.gif

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

That's right, opener! (duh) Sort of got ahead of myself on that one. Was thinking of stream opener. Let me know how it goes on the happy one, eh? wink.gif

Thanks Cory, you too Renne. I'll shoot you an email on it.

I've been trying a handfull of smaller micro marabou jigs and it just doesn't seem to work.....oh well more testing.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

Cory,

I hit that lake last night with a buddy who had never caught a trout......well he caught 10. Amazing!

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z