• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crystal Lake (Robbinsdale)

sanka

Anyone ever fish Crystal Lake in Robbinsdale?

I just moved into the area. I was out there today casting around and saw several very big heavy bodies moving around the shallows. Also saw what looked like a small carp (too far gone to tell for sure) washed up on the shore.

Tossed out a hook with corn for an hour or so in a few places, but got nothing. Were they just pike and muskie thrashing around, or are there carp in there? Either way something very big was throwing around in there and not biting for me.

The DNR lakefinder lists no carp, but I find that hard to believe since every other lake around has them, plus what I saw on the beach.

I'm still not sure there are carp in there. I caught two fish around 1lb each that looked just like carp, but had no barbells around their mouth and were a duller brown color. I forgot my camera that day, but I think they were goldfish. According to this site, the lake is full of them. Maybe that's what I caught.

I'll have to go out and try again and get a picture. I may have caught a couple of huge goldfish lol.

Went out today for about an hour and a half. Didn't get any goldfish, but I did find the carp, and boy were they hungry. Landed 6 in the 6-8lb range and one little 15" mirror carp.