• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cheap flyline????

Lunker

I own a flyrod and reel, and want to start learning how to flyfish(why not, i do everything else) but when searching for line on the net found really high prices. Is there any cheap fly line to be had?

When I first started, I used some Berkley double taper line I had found clearanced at Kmart for 7$. It was good enough to get started with. Seems to me I have seen another cheap line clearanced at Wallyworld, "Crystal springs" or something close to that, for like 12$.

lunker, yes you can buy some fly lines for under 15 bucks but i can tell you from expierence that you would be much better off investing a few extra bucks. fly line is very important-a good fly line shoots through your guides better, has much less memory in cooler weather (which can be very important in this region) stays cleaner, and will be worth your investment. rio has good line, orvis puts out a wonder line that is prettty good cortland and scientific angler are also pretty reputable makers. WF would be a good choice, its a little easier to cast, floating line would also be a good starting line, you can fish the surface and nymph so its pretty versatile. good luck lunker i hope this info was helpful

smellzalilfishe