• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Campground near Gooseberry Falls?

blongtin

I was planning on going up to the Gooseberry Falls area in late May sometime with our 5th wheel. However from what I found is that the Gooseberry campsites don't have electric hook-ups. Does anyone know of a good private campground in that area that would be good for us for a weekend..at a good price? I could look a bunch up but I wanted to know if anyone of you had experience with any. Any help would be great.

Also I haven't been up there for a few years so do any of you have good ideas or places that we shouldn't miss going to?

There's a few to choose from.

• The Knife River Campground on the scenic drive, about 5 miles south of Two Harbors. Very reasonable and nice folks. We've stayed there many times.

• There's Penmarallter Campground a couple miles closer to Two Harbors, again on the scenic drive.

• You can also try the Lax Lake Campground up past Silver Bay, off of Highway 1. Never stayed here, but it looks nice.

• The Two Harbors campground is called Burlington Bay Campground. Have stayed here many times. Nice place and you can get a great lake view.

• I believe that Lamb's Resort in Schroeder also has a campground with hook-ups.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I think we're planning on heading up there the last week in May so I'll call around and see what happens. It would be nice to have a lake view from the campground at Two Harbors so we might try that. I appreciate the help.

I would highly recommend Lambs, we stayed there last year and waking up to the sound of waves hitting the rocks on Lake Superior was awesome, very nice campground the people were friendly and everything was very clean. The location is good also, we golfed St. Croix National, rode those mountain slides and spent a day in Grand Marais and didn't have to go far to any of those places.

We stayed in a Tent, it was great, the site was like three tiers, one up above for parking, one with table/fire pit for eating, then walk down below right to the shore, like I said, I would highly recommend Lambs. (Get a shoreside site!!)

Well we've been back for a while but I figured I better let you guys know that we stayed at Lambs Resort. It was nice and clean. We got a lake shore sight so we were pretty much right on the lake. It was quite a haul to get up there (think that next year we'll try to get into the Two Harbors campground). But it was well worth it because we were so close to Grand Marais (a place I wanted to visit while up there). Well worth the trip...can't wait to get up there again.