Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snoozebutton

Lowrance 334c backlighting

11 posts in this topic

I turn it on and the bright light flashes for a second then goes out. The unit is turned on but no lighting so you can just barely see it if it's in direct sunlight. I tried both a soft reset and a hard reset with no luck. I also had a fully charged battery and even switched to a different battery and still nothing. Any idea what's going on with it?

It's probably a gonner.. call the factory. I know someone who went through 3 of these before he got one to work...

It's probably a gonner..

That's not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the response. I'm going to call Monday morning and see if there's anything they can or will do.

Well, good news. Just got off the phone with Lowrance customer service and they're sending out another unit. Should be here for the opener. banana3.gif

Not so happy today. First time out with the replacement unit and it did the same thing. Could it be the power source? Like maybe they didn't put a fuse in the line?

I brought it in and had a voltage tester hooked to the front plug and it's 12.78 volts. Is it possible that I had 2 bad units? Doesn't seem likely since as soon as I plug them into the front power source, I get the same results. The original one worked great for 2 seasons until I plugged it in there.

Snooze, I'm sure you've done this but, have you pressed the power button more than once to turn the unit on, to change the lighting setting? off - low - high

Thanks for the suggestion minneman but yeah, I've tried that.

Is that a sonar/gps combo unit? Try disconecting all the cables except the power and see if it works. You may have a bad transducer or gps reciever.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You don't have to be suspicious of religion at all. Spend some time at church, if it fits you great, if it doesn't, you move on.   I went through dozens before i found a home,   If you are going to cast a suspicious eye. Do not start with governing body or a religion.   Start with the family, as that is where all the pressure, guilt and brain washing starts.  
    • You'll still only be able to go so fast with tracks whether you're turning 2 or 4. Sure might add a little speed with just 2, but any incline or terrain, having only rear tracks is just going to get you stuck.
    •     What one did you get???
    • took to long but I finally  ordered the grill this morning!! looking forward to using it!! 
    • 2.20.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report   Hello from the NW Angle!   We still have lots of ice up here, however the snow pack is diminishing rapidly, especially with the warm temps and rain in the forecast.   On the Minnesota side, fishing away from structure seems to be most productive with target depth being from 22-30 feet. Gold continues to be the hot color. The amount of perch we are seeing in our buckets continues to increase.   Fishermen on the Canadian side are still reaching their crappie limit with ease, fishing holes between 29 and 35 ft. A variety of baits are producing including, wax worms, mustache baits and dead minnows.   Until next week, Sunset Lodge Ice Team
    • this thread is making me soooo hungry!!!!!!!!  great looking food guys!!
    •   True.  Trump doesn't either.   Like I said, we should be more suspicious of rulers and oppressors who use religion as a tool than the religion itself.    
    • We picked up a couple voles mid-last week, that must have come from our neighbor yard.  Once the neighbors snow melted, their nest was exposed and it is quite the elaborate colony too.  Got a deer mouse this morning also.   
    • The new minn kota 300d didn't have the two 20ga wires so just spliced the black  to black and red to white from the charging cables, hooked all the batteries back up and everything is working again.    
    •   Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer..        
  • Our Sponsors