• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I fish the nipigon most of the year,I do not spend alot of time on the Shakespears but here's what i found,there is alot of good size pike on the inland lakes and on the shouls in the main lake in the spring.Good brook trout action around there aswell a few camping spots on the bottom end of the shakespears well protected

Fished Nipigon once a couple winters ago..no fish for us and nobody fishing (except gillnetters) but us..There was apparently a reason for this.. grin We didn't go into the Shakespere Island lake but heard there were big pike in it..If Karl see's this he may reply, he lives on the lake and has a small lodge or resort on the lake. I know he had guys that came up just to fish that lake..

Really just looking for big northerns . Rumor has it as that is the place to find them . Typically we fish lake trout when we are there in the beginning of July north of Shakespear. just figured it was so close we may scope it out . Do you believe the fish migrate out of there as the water warms? Anything you can tell me would be great and appreciated . Maybe better if we e-mailed away from the forum?

Just noticed this post--might be a little late.

I used to fish Rea Lake regularly--caught my biggest slimer there (32lbs-1979). In all honesty it hasn't been that good the last few years--pike tend to be rather small which tells me it's been over-fished. Same is true of Tea-cup. You can get into Rea lake with a runabout in a high-water year--this is a high water year. Tea-cup requires a canoe--I like to fish both lakes on the ice--they offer a little more shelter than the main Lake. Paddy and Vanooyen are probaly great for Pike and Walleye but would require a helicopter to get to--especially after the fire.

If your trolling for Lakers off the north end of the Shakespere I would fish Pike in Mcritchies Shortcut--bay half-way down on west side and the very bottom end. Big Pikes live there. West side of Shakespere above Lesperance harbour would be good too.

Jas--old motor is gone--I took the depthfinder out today--bunch of underwater mountains-- depth runs from 53 feet to 130 with 10 spikes in the immediate area of where we lost it. I did get the 50hp Merc running on the big aluminum skiff--lots of small pike in the river the last few days--still haven't got to the reef for lakers--will try tomorrow.

South End creek in West Bay is in the fish sanctuary.

From the pic it looks like maybe you where in the bay just south of West Bay--you know the one Brookie--lots of rocks at the mouth, couple of small creeks coming in on the west side.

I know the sanctuary very well. I've been fishing West Bay for over 20 years. North and west of the north most point of Boles Island. Right? Anyways... I rarely target Pike. I'd rather not catch one than catch one. These photos are just from a fun day out, trying something different.