• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wind generator

adamr

you can also get them at northern. a very nice system. i have done many reviews and info replys on this you can search for on the forums. a good investment. but i was told about vibration issues. but i still plan on eventually getting one to back up the solar i already have. ... paul

Your better off with a gas powered generator and a 45 amp converter like Fish House Supply has. You can use all of your 12 volt system while charging your batteries with a gas generator, and also use the generator for other things like camping, deer hunting etc.

I have the Honda 2000 and is very quiet! I can watch sattelite TV in the fish house at night and play DVD's all day with out the big blade waiting for wind overhead. Just my 2 cents worth!

i would love to have a nice quiet generator. i have a coleman and it does have its place amd time to be used. but i hate the refilling thing about every 4-6 hours. not to argue but to mearly point out, when isnt it windy while out on the ice in the winter. yes i will grant you there some calm times. however the wind generator willl run in as little as a 7mph wind. it never needs attending to it runs weather you are there or not. kinda like solar panels. with a combo of the two wind and solar. and a real good battery/s. i use two deep celll optimas. and i fish every night. and it is a very rare time that i ever need to drag my batteries home to charge them. if you are not in a hurry and are planning on attending on a trip to the state fair. there is usually a nice set up by the technoligy building and the people there at the alternative energy section really know whats going on. last time i was there i think i chatted withthem for over an hour. ... paul

I'm also looking into adding this to my RV since I don't have a built in generator. I camp quite a bit in areas off the grid so its a nice feature to maintain the batteries.

Yes it would be nice if everyone owned a Honda 2000, but the price is too expensive and they require fuel and they still make noise no matter how quiet they are. Its also something else to carry, store and risk getting stolen.

I have a wind generator on my old house and it will be one of the first things that get a home on the new house as far as mounting it. I am going to use the mast as part of what the LP tanks and change over valve are mounted to.

I have charged my batterys in the past when I not there, then when I come its full and ready to use.

Ok, so a couple of questions...

Are these a constant generation use, like always hooked to the battery system and adding juice?

Will they charge a deep cycle battery (or two) from say 15-20% up to 100% overnight?

How easy are they to steal? People here in the metro like to take stuff that can be taken.

I had mine wired thought a switch to shut it down when I wanted to. The switch locked it down to a slow spin. Also when the battery was full, it locked down itself. I also had it fused and an amp meter so I could see how much it was charging. The tower was made so it could be raised up about 5', total high about 13.5'. I had it made to lock with a paddle lock, in a way that was very hard to get at. I ran 3 batterys, alot of it was how windy it was over night. Never had to take them out ever. In a 25 mph wind it took very little time at all. I also was able to plug my truck to the batterys to keep charged with the truck or start the truck on very cold days using the 3 house batterys. With an inverter, I

could plug the tank heater into the house batterys to warm the truck first. Its alot of planning on how to run the wiring, but its worth the time.