Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordie

Team #7 = TOM TERMINATORS

66 posts in this topic

Hey guys this it. lets get our game on and terminate those toms we are gona win this thing! who's with me!!

I am with you!! I hope I get one for our team and because it would be my first turkey!!

Hey, I'm with ya on that! We need "Surface Tension" to check in, and we'll have our whole team.

Yeah I dont hunt till season G so I have awhile before I go. I just got a choke and some targets to get my pattering good. Are we all hunting with shotguns or is there any archers??

Hellooo Team!

Season C here w/shotgun.

lc pett, good luck on that first turkey.

I've hunted a lot of late seasons and have done well.

Hopefully the birds in your area aren't to educated by then and stick to their same patterns.

shotgun for me. I like to here that thing go boom and my bow just doesnt make that kind of noise laugh

Shotgun for me also. Day and a half more and it's Kansas, Here I Come!!! See if I can't put a Rio's down for the team!

Ok so it looks like were all hunting with shotguns then. Good luck!! smile

Hey I was just wondering what type of choke and ammunition works the best for you guys???

I shoot a remington 870 thats been ported and the forceing cone been back bored and shoot a extra full extended HS strutt

undertaker choke and remingtonpremier HV magnum 3inch 1 3/4 oz # 5s with great results but was thinking of useing the same gun with a extra full choke for steel and # 4 blackcloud this year it patterns awsome and it really does a number on ducks and even folded a few geese with them last fall.

I also have an h.s. strut undertaker choke in a 12 ga. benelli nova. I did some pattern shooting today with Remmington nitro turkey 3 inch #5 1 7/8 oz shot and Winchester superme 3 inch #5 1 3/4 oz shot. The Remmington patterned better for me.

What type of call do you use? My grandpa is taking me and he just uses a old box call I think..

Ive got a coulpe of mouth calls and a eliminator slate call and a plunger call that has worked the best for me.

tommarow is April 15th and its game on.

WERE ON THE BOARD. TOM WAS TERMINATED this morning at 7.40 am 21.5 lbs and a 9inch beard

007-3.jpg

Ok guys got on the board now the rest is up to you guys.

NO pressure guys gringrin

Nice Bird and a great Picture to boot... Now I just have to figure out how you did that!

alright whos up the plate next. I start cheering you on now!!!

I took a good Rio's down in Kansas on the 13th. I'll get him posted tonight after I get done with work. He scored out at 64.0625

Nice Bird Elwood!

Can't wait to see the pictures paintbrush!

Sorry team, I have not been in the loop as much as I should. I have been very stressed out. Found out last week my job (along with about 60 or so others) is being terminated due to moving parts of the company to the larger building in another state and to Mexico.

On a good note, there is a woods bordering the property that I have been hunting turkey's on for the last couple of years that I have not been able to hunt on. This property is where they have been roasting in. This year... NEW OWNERS! Last weekend I got full access to the property.

Good luck to next person up,

"hooks"

good job paintbrush

fishnhooks that sucs about your job but its great news about the permision you aquired good luck