Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Lund1700Angler

Strikemaster Auger Storage Stand

in my opinion they are just another way to take your money. you can devise a way to store your auger and save the cash for fun things. just my $.02

I hang mine on 1 of those yellow rubber coated hooks you screw into the wall. It is easy to take down and fire up twice a month during the summer and then when winter come I dump the old gas and add some fresh gas and I am ready for drilling holes. Those hooks are about a buck a piece.

Like fishing tech I use those rubber coated hooks. I screwed mine into a rafter in the basement.

Thought about a glass case in the living room wit the the fishing gear displayed also grinbut then I'd be thinking hard water in the summer. If I did that then the boat would have to be in there in the winter. I guess I could set the TV up higher.

Thought about a glass case in the living room wit the the fishing gear displayed also grin

Mine is in the dining room (glass case, not the auger). Brings back good memories when I fire up the deep fryer for a little fish fry. Aqua-Vu, Vexilar, tackle, fun stuff to look at all summer. I may change it up a bit this year though.

I just purchased one of those DS-100 stands from Strikemaster. It seems to be pretty sturdy and will do the job. What I didn't like about it is the legs are metal and came in the box with some rust on them. That's pretty bad in my opinion that a guy gets something brand new and it's already rusting out. I still need to contact them on that matter. I used to use the rubberized hook deal like everyone else is talking about, but I like having my auger in the stand better.

Another vote for rubber coated hooks. Had a few of them lying around the garage so didn't cost nothing. I have an old auger cover that tore so I hang that over the auger for the summer.

Matt