Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpettit

bow hunting equipment

7 posts in this topic

looking for a little advice, my son & i would like to start bow hunting carp & wondering what is recomended for a good setup, bow & arrow retrieve. looking for mid range equipment that will last, & that we both can use.

thanks

Move this topic to the general archery, muzzleloader forum, you will get a much better response. I would help you if I did any bowfishing.

move the topic to the spearing and bowfishing section would help even more

maybe post it again in the bowfishing forum. many use traditions stuff.. a recurve and a fiberglass arrow and some way to get the arrow back is all thats needed for tons of fun. If you do bo with a compound, noting fancy is really needed, keep the poundage somewhat low, I usually go for about 40lbs at most.

thanks for the info guys. i had posted this before i found the correct forum sorry.

I'd buy a cheap used long axle to axle compound from a pawn shop or off the classifieds. You don't need a nice bow for bowfishing and it will get beat up. I'd outfit it with a AMS retriever, and a nice heavy duty roller arrow rest. I'd also make sure to pick up some polarized glasses. That's about all it takes for bowfishing. Also...aim low, and the aim lower. Most people miss high when they start bowfishing.