Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
folke2000

Waterfowl Junkie Bird Hitch

12 posts in this topic

Anyone seen or tried the Waterfowl Junkie Bird Hitch. Looks like it would get the job done, but would like to know someone who has used one before laying out the cash.

Thanks,

Folke

I have never used one but there is a video on youtube and the thing looks really slick, can clean a bird in seconds laugh

i am thinking about buying one too. i have heard very good reports on it.

you know if you cut the head off step on the wings and pull on the legs you will get the same result! I'll keep my $$$$$.

breasting them out isn't too bad for me and does not take too long. Maybe a little more mess and work but I would save my $$$ as well.

yeah breasting them out is easy, but if your out of state and are cleaning the birds you will have to leave a wing on the bird.

Quote:
but if your out of state and are cleaning the birds you will have to leave a wing on the bird

who says I have to have a wing on??? I just don't get caught...jk yeah that is true. I've done standing on the wing and pull feet on pheasants from ND but not waterfowl. But not only out of state you need to have a wing on for transportation, it goes for the same in MN, I believe so...correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that MN requires one wing. don't know for sure if you need to leave the head also.

Head and wing in MN on ducks, wing only on geese in MN. Head and wing must be "fully feathered".

The hitch is great if you ever plan on piling up the snows there is no other way to go. We cleaned 45 birds last fri. in about 15-20 min. no lie, 4 guys, 1 pullin the birds through the machine 2 guys pulling the skin away and 1 guy cutting a wing with a tin snips. Takes the "Task" away from cleaning birds trust me!

A guy I hunt withs company stamps them out,, we got one and used it this year in MO....... great product for being legal.

I know with two guys you can breast them out a ton faster than messing with the bird hitch, but then you are not legal.