Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Almquist

Great Grey Owl,Redpolls and a Weasel

9 posts in this topic

More friends from the Bog grin The GGO was 8/10 of a mile north of Nichols Lake rd on Highway 7. The weasel was at the Arkola rd feeder.

IMG_5534pp.jpg

IMG_5418pp.jpg

IMG_5404pp.jpg

IMG_5422pp.jpg

IMG_5424pp.jpg

Sweeeeeet! Look like you had a great day in the bog! What time did you see the GGO at?

Your pretty lucky, not many GG owls have been showing up. I like the bright blue background on it. I was down there for a very short time on Friday, but it was during the morning. I can't wait for the spring birds to start heading up this way.

Great shots Jim!....I see you waited and got some captures of "Willy" the weasel grin...figured he's a celeb now and deserves his own title since a ton of people have seen him!.....and that great gray is just great!...nice to know they are still around the area...again ,nice images!...

Jay I went back on Saturday morning and could not find the GGO anywhere. I am going to try again this morning and will report if I am lucky enough to spot him.

Jonny I waited for Willy for about 3 hours and the little guy refused to make a appearance. The weather looks good enough that I might just give him another chance this morning grin

All really nice stuff, Jim, including the images on your other Bog threads. Looks like you had a dynamite day! smilesmile

Nice to meet you Jim!! Your photos are great! The festival saw a lot of good stuff but missed on Great Gray Owl & Snowy Owl but the Duluth trip saw a Boreal Owl along the north shore.

Mike