• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipestone Lake Trout Area Fishing Report

The group that came out of Pipestone reported good fishing. The group total was 61 lakers for 3 days with the largest being 16#. All fish were caught on glow tubes. Fishing was tougher than our trip earlier this year. Moved around alot locate active fish.

Thanks again for a great trip, Superbee. All of the guys had an awesome time, and can't wait to get back up there next winter. I know every single person is planning on going back up, so we will have to get back to you with dates. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of them go up twice they had so much fun.

We had a great time exploring some of the portage lakes you showed us, and the cabin stayed nice nice and warm when we got back for the night. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better trip. I'll send you a few pictures when I get a chance.

It is always great to see you guys and hear the stories from the trip. It seemed like all the beginners enjoyed themselves. A great group of guys enjoying some great country and fishing when most are waiting for the openwater season. I will keep you posted on the crappies and how the lakers are in March. I will post the pictures shortly that you sent. Thanks and look forward to seeing you this spring.

Superbee, just wanted to say thanks from me and all the other guys. We had a blast and really enjoyed it. Its a whole differant type of fishing and really fun. You got your self one great place up there and the country is beautiful. Thanks again, and you can count on seeing us again.

The group that came out of Dogfly yesterday reported great conditions. The cabin was very well equipped for the stay. Fishing was good on Dogfly and fished 1/2 a day on teh Manitou and caught some also. Had great trout diners each night.

The group that came out of Pipestone over the weekend reported a tougher bite with the cold front. They managed to catch some lakers each day, but in great numbers. Also made the portage for walleyes and got a few small ones and marked lots on the graph that would check out the bait, but not hit. Another group goes in tommorrow, I will post their report after they come out.