• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum V825c

harleyharry

Any one using this new underwater camera? How does it rate with the Aqua-Vu Explorer 7?

Quite a price difference. I have one of the old Aqua-Vu with the 4" screen, and am thinking of upgrading. Need a little advice on this one, as I was very disappointed when I purchased the one that I have now.

Any help is appreciated.

Harry

The VS825C was on the market last year, as well as the VS820 (non-color) version.

The color works great in bright, clear water, where there is enough light to actually see the colors. If the water isn't clear or it's dark out (ie. evening) you won't get the color to come through to the monitor.

The sony camera and the monitor on the Marcum VS825C and VS820 are both top-of-the-line and work great. Really good picture. Like with any camera, the better the water clarity the better the viewing.

Harry,

I used the VS825C last season and am using the VS820 this year. Both units are the same except the camera. The VS820 features both IR lights and LED lights (VS825C only has LED lights)and I believe the VS820 needs less light in order to get a good picture. I'm really happy wth the VS820 so far. I used the extra money saved and went with a Mo-Pod to turn the camera, too.