• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake of the Ozarks

Barbelboy

So a buddy of mine invites me to go on a paddle fish trip to lake of the ozarks in MO this april. I of course being thoroughly addicted to catfishing do some research and point out to him all the other opportunities that exist in that area. Does anybody have any experience down there or could give me some hints how to fish in that type of body of water? I've done all the internet research I can and I've got an idea, but any extra hints would be appreciated.

hey, native missourian living in minnesota - just a couple things to throw out there, this may not be of much help but i know LOZ is a great crappie fishery, brushpiles off docks, also seen lots of white bass/wipers attacking bait in summertime.

i know there are some pretty big cats taken from the main river channel in the Gravois arm, and of course the spotted and largemouth bass fishing is great. i believe stripers are available below the dam along with the normal stuff, wish i had more specific info for ya but i'm a hardcore musky nut now and don't get back home too much. have fun, i have lots of good memories from that area.

Thanks for the input.

Osage river? I was planning on doing some drifting for blues and channels. Spend a couple hours snagging paddlefish then chase cats. My poor simple minded buddy never even thought of trying to catch catfish.

Osage is good but ya got to get closer to JeffersonCity,Are ya stayin in the state park? Theres a river there close Nigarana something like that?? Its real good for a varity.Me if I was goin there I'd go for Trout if I wanted cats it would be the Missouri near Jeff city.