• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reel Repair

squeedunk

I also paid to have a reel fixed at Wayzata Bait and had it returned in the same condition. I then started digging through it myself and found out the problem was a 40 cent piece of plastic. Called Shimano and they sent it right out. Fixed it myself and taught myself a lot about reel repair in the process. Now I do all cleaning and service myself. You will be happy with the results, trust me. Do you know what is wrong with your reel?

The tension adjustment for the free spool doesn't tighten down. It is always too lose. I took the adjustment knob off and noticed that there was a small piece in there that was broken. I may just have to send it to Abu. Does anyone know what they would charge for something like this or will I only have to pay shipping? Thanks again.

I bought a new St. Croix reel last spring and by the end of the muskie season, it wasn't working right. When working a jerkbait, it would always start to free spool. mad So I had to keep my thumb on the spool. This cost me a few fish when trying to set the hook. cry I bought it from either Reed's or Thorne Bros. Do they repair St. Croix reels???

The tension adjustment for the free spool doesn't tighten down. It is always too lose. I took the adjustment knob off and noticed that there was a small piece in there that was broken. I may just have to send it to Abu. Does anyone know what they would charge for something like this or will I only have to pay shipping? Thanks again.

If you want a quick fix, bring it down to Trails End. They are right down the road from Thorne Bros on the corner of Osborne & Hwy 65. They have a reel repair and have replacement parts in stock. I need replacement clip for my abu reel handle that I needed. They had it in stock and installed the part only costed me a few cents (didn't charge me any labor). Nice people there.