• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Florida?

HellP

Hey TrophyEyes you should be coming down at a great time for both salt/fresh.If your in the Orlando area try Lake Ivanhoe its a 4 pond lake, Big Bass#s right in Orlando,Conway is another good Lake.Have a great time,drop a line if you need help.

Hey Hellp,

I was thinking of coming down the last weekend in Jan. Can you take me fishing? I will buy you a can of soda in exchange for 2-3 days of fishing. Oh an you will need to provide all the equipment for me too. I may throw in a banana because I hear you are a MONKEY!!!

Many FMer's may not know that you WON THE MONKEY OPEN 2008.......Dance monkey dance.

Hellp, I will be in the Bonita Springs area. We have a boat down towards Napels on the backwaters. My Father in law lives down there half the year, so I am hoping he has a game plan. My wife and son limit the amount of fishing I will be able to do, but either way it should be a great time. Last year I picked up my biggest bass, first sea trout (22") and a lot of other fish that I had never caught and cannot remember their names. I do want to catch a Red Fish and Snook if I can. I will let you know how it goes.

Hey KTapper Toho is a amazing lake! I was out there today for a few hours I got skunked but my brother caught a few nice ones,ratteltraps(Chrome).It's a big lake and every you look you would swear it holds bass,have a good time. Pherris, 2 cans and you got a deal.By the way check your facts, it was 2007

Hellp, If you were going to fish some local ponds, fishing from shore this time of the year what would you use? I am fishing some of the golf course ponds in the complex that my father in law lives in. They get big, but I do have to avoid the gators.

Some fish are starting to move on the beds. I would use june bug trick worms. Don't worry about the gators, they are more leary of of you than you are of them, unless they start growling then get as far away as you can mating season for gators is getting close

Hey KTapper, have been fishing the Winter Park chain of lakes last few days. Action has been great,frogs,pig/jig.carolina rigs.Nice looking water,best I have seen down here at this time.Let me know how you did,Good fishing to you.

I am heading down the first week or so of February to fish in the Sebring area, (Lake Istokpogo and Crooked Lake in particular). This will be my first time bass fishing this time of year. Sounds like I will be there during post spawn.

Hillbiehle,you might be down here at a perfect timeI have been down here since Oct.will be going back North sometime in March,if my girlfriend hasent fired me by then.I have been staying with my brother who has lived here for years,January thru March is the best time to get that Fat momma.Been catching alot of fish but not any fatties. I think there staging now and its just a matter of time before they move in.Have not fished that area yet but I know you will have a blast.Good Luck on the 10 pounder search!

Thanks for the info...now I'm getting pumped. Last year, flipping a jig/pig or a pegged brushhog was my best bait. Hopefully I will find the 10lber. My dad lives down there and they have a caught a few 7 to 8lbers so far this season on rattletraps and spinnerbaits.

I fished the lakes on disney property and had a guided trip on Toho last year. Their was a cold front coming through when we were their last spring and our guide said that Florida spawners get real finicky during cold fronts. We fished with big shiners and got a couple 5s and a 6 but no true pigs. Wish I could get down there again this year.

Hellp,

You boys better sharpen those hooks. A couple of brothers are coming your way and they and gonna open up a good can of whoopass on you ladies. Just think you have had 3 months of pre fishing and your still gonna get trounced. The only hope you have is if your brother (a multi time monkey open winner) can carry your sorry rear. See ya in a few weeks boys!!

you guys are all making me jealous. I want to hit up florida, but I'm stuck in this frozen wasteland unless I can talk someone into buying me a plane ticket!

There's nothing I love quite as much as plopping a decently beefy rod into a rod holder stuck in the sand, and taking a nice nap in the sun, only to wake up to the beautiful sound of drag.

Trophyeyes and KTapper how were your trips? any tips for me?

No very good. I caught a small bass and a medium sized pickerel.

I did better at a tiny tiny pond by our condo, I caught a 3 1/2 pound talapia and a 2 pound bullhead, and small bass.

Oh we only bobber fished with shiners which I did not care for. If I would have brought my gear and my own boat I would have done much better.