• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what would you do??

jvjohnson

i have no complaints with the dealer YET. so im not going to metion any names. but monday they are suposed to call me and let me know what is going on with it. Im going to tell them that i dont feel very confterable with this machine with all that has gone wrong with it and i think that they need to talk to can am about replacing the machine. The problem is it was the last 07 500 they have, and i really wanted a green one for hunting reason. but their is a red 07 650 that i would take in place if can am would be willing to pay the dealer the diffrence. or i want a full refund and i will go down the road and get the yamaha 660.

sorry if that didnt make sense im kind of venting about this hole issue.

i really like can am but i also dont want to get stuck with a $6500 lemon or a machine that i dont want.

I have a friend that had a similiar experience with polaris, and i have to say they took the wheeler back with minimal hassel and it was not a huge issue really he got another and its mint and has had no problems, Polaris acknowleged that there's a bad one every now and then lol

well this is what happnend, the temp sensor for the fan was bad causing the fan not to turn on thus in turn causing the machine to over heat. the only damage they said they found was the rad was starting to expand. so their going to replace the temp sensor and rad.

i tryed pushing the fact about it overheating while still in break in and they said that limp mode is to protect from heat that could cause damage, witch is true. and if it gets to hot it will just shut off.

but why did it damage the rad?

o well it should be done by thursday so we will see how it all turns out.

thank again for all the help.

The rad was damaged because the system is sealed, with no vent. As the temp built up, the fluid started to boil causing steam to expand the radiator. The temp only has to get to 210 to overheat the fluid, your engine should see temps much higher than that before damage should happen.

The rad was damaged because the system is sealed, with no vent. As the temp built up, the fluid started to boil causing steam to expand the radiator.

I guess I've never seen a system that didn't use a pressure cap that vented when it reached a specified pressure. News to me....