• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

03 ford focus no start

i have a 03 ford focus zts( 2.3l duratec))

yesterday worked like a champ now today won't start no clicks like a low battery everything comes to life when you turn it to run but when you go to start nothing!

i pushed it in the garage and put my jump box on it and that did not change anything.

battery lvl is 12.43vdc

any ideas where to start ?

When you have the key in the off position there should be a red security light that flashes every 2 seconds. That is normal, but when you turn the key to the on position, not crank, just on, the light should come on for 2 seconds and then stay off, if the light flashes after you turn the key to the on position, it is a pats security issue. Check that light and see what it is doing!

ok after letting it sit over x-mas i got backout in the garage tonight and the starter is fine removed it and had it tested no power at the little wire for the bedix checked the fuses in the fuse pannel under the hood and in the cab when i turn the key i can hear/feel the relay on the fuse block both in the cab and under the hood click over. i also swapped the relay in the cab with the exact relay that was for the rear defog both work..

where do i go from here ?

[Please read forum policy before posting again, Thank You]

looks like a harness was wired in and they added a relay ( remote starter?) theres 2 other wires that are off that don't have homes but it starts and runs so who cares rite ?

Quote:
looks like a harness was wired in and they added a relay ( remote starter?) theres 2 other wires that are off that don't have homes but it starts and runs so who cluck cares rite ?

Remote starters will get ya every time grin

Glad you got it running!